EIGHTY SIX

Carrington Hill

Someone had it out for me, I was sure of it.

Not just because there was traffic and I so happened to be in the middle of it, but also because I caught a virus of some sort. My nose was blocked to the point where the only way I could get oxygen in my lungs was if I opened my mouth and inhaled through there. From blowing my nose too much, I constantly felt lightheaded and it even got to the point where it would bleed sometimes. My nose I mean. Not my head. That would be kind of messed up and definitely strange.

Of course, to make matters worse, I didn't only leak from my nose but also from places I really didn't want to. In other words: I had the shits. And it was the worst thing ever. The other day, I barely had eaten anything because I was constantly nauseous and my stomach was literally up in my throat until my body couldn't take the pain I was going through and I just passed out. Well, the pills I had taken probably also helped to ease me into a deep slumber. It was very much needed. But way before that, I sat on the toilet for over half an hour, just literally letting everything, that I didn't even know was inside me, right out.

Harry found it absolutely hilarious.

Sure, he was a sweetheart but at the same time, he enjoyed seeing me suffer. He took care of me as much as he could and his time allowed him however he didn't want to catch whatever I had so he kept his distance if he wasn't needed near me. His Gucci project was set in the stone now and all his ideas and designs and whatnot were sent to the right people to start working on the pieces. Unfortunately, they didn't allow him to do the kids clothing line but he wasn't that disappointed. He knew it might fall through and so he was prepared for that.

Job wise, for me, it was kind of all over the place. With how shit I felt, I couldn't exactly have my private lessons with the couples who had booked me for the past week and this was the second one coming up. It made me feel terrible but there wasn't much I could do. I took whatever I was prescribed and was basically on bed rest for the most part. All I could do was hope for the best because at the end of the month I had a competition to attend where I was to be a judge.

"Come on," I groaned as the cars in front of me weren't moving even though the light was green already. I sniffled as I knew there was nothing in my nose to blow out but it still leaked. It was rather annoying. I wanted to be in the comfort of my bed, all cuddled up in a soft blanket with a Magnum ice cream that had almonds on the outside layer.

It was now November, which meant that it was freaking cold outside – not that I minded – and also my birthday was coming up. I dreaded that shit every year. I hoped to god Harry didn't plan anything for this year as I felt like my surprise from my twenty-second was pretty freaking huge. I mean, not everyone gets to meet Adriana Lima in Shanghai, that's for sure. Not to mention with the way I felt, the last thing I wanted was people all up in my business, wishing me happy birthday and stuff.

Not that I had many people in my life who I considered friends.

I had my family, I had Harry's family, I had Harry and I had Mia and Alex. That was about it. Out of all these people, only two of them were friends, the rest were family. Then again, Mia and Alex were more like family than friends.

Talking about Mia, she had been over twice since I had fallen ill. I missed her so fucking much and so seeing her finally was the best thing that could've happened to me. She had a shit ton to tell me and so did I which was nice. We had the time to catch up but even with those two days she spent by my side, it still very much felt like we didn't talk about everything.

When I finally got home and dragged myself all the way up to the penthouse, I was ready to die. I felt really weak and useless. I only drove to Tesco's to pick up my medicine but that shit tired the fuck out of me.

wedding buddies ↠ harry styles ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें