SEVENTY ONE

Harry Styles

I had time off. A lot of it, actually. No one really booked me for anything and all my projects were either in the editing stage or were already out. I had no side jobs or anything that I considered as serious as modelling so I spent quite a bit of time in the gym where I worked my ass off. Other than that, I was also quite glued to my phone and laptop during the time that I spent on my own, just searching for... stuff.

Well, okay. I'm not going to beat around the bush.

I was looking at engagement rings.

I know, I know, I know. Might be a bit too early, considering that we haven't even been together for more than two years so let me explain myself a little.

When I found myself on a website full of gorgeous rings, I was actually looking for myself. I was curious to see what kind of rings they had on the site I usually ordered mine from and then somehow, in some weird ass way, it wasn't me who I was searching for anymore.

Personally, I didn't have anything specific in mind and I knew that neither did Carrington. We had this conversation a few times when we'd be in the car together or when one of us couldn't fall asleep. But still, with every ring I looked at, I tried to imagine it on her finger and whether she'd like it or not. It was a hard task, not that she was so hard to please. It was more so to do with me. I didn't want to disappoint her with a ring which may sound silly, but I truly did put all my effort into finding something that was perfect for her.

She didn't know of my plans or anything, she never really asked or brought it up either so I'm not going to lie, I was chuffed. I certainly wanted it to be a surprise and I wanted it to be perfect. It had to be. Anything and everything that had to do with her was always going to have to be flawless – much like her. In my eyes, anyway.

There were a few rings that really made me go "wow this could be something I can work with" so I saved those and went in the next day to take a look at them. I didn't want to leave any clues behind just in case Carrington used my phone or laptop or whatever. So, those two times I went in to the store, the sales people were really helpful and patient with me, which I needed, since I didn't even know if my girlfriend would have liked any of the rings I went to take a look at. They gave me some advice which I took on board although I soon realised that I wasn't going to get anywhere with what those people told me. I mean, how would a stranger know what my girl likes?

I jumped on the couch a little when Carrington's voice filled the house after she entered through the main door. She walked over to the couch where I was, my smile widened and a rush of love and adoration washed over me.

"Hey," I responded as my phone slid into the couch next to me while I stretched my arms out towards her. She cuddled to my chest as she sat on my lap. The smell of her perfume was all that I could smell around me as I locked my arms around her and took a breath. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," she mumbled into my neck where her face was neatly tucked into. Her breath fanned against my skin and it made me shiver. "Oh, guess what!" she suddenly looked up at me, happiness radiating off of her gorgeous face. Damn, I really loved this woman with my entire heart.

"What is it?" I smiled as I lifted my hand to her face and cupped her cheek. My thumb caressed her soft skin and I couldn't help but lean forward and peck her soft looking lips. I couldn't handle the thought of not being able to taste them and feel them.

They really were soft.

"Well," she started with a little half smile, her eyes peeked up at me and I found myself staring at her in awe. I didn't quite pin point what it was or why it was happening whatever was happening, but I just felt so much love for her. "I talked to Harrison today and he let it slip that dad and Les are coming home soon."