Chapter 60:

Breakfast was alright. Definitely not as good as it was back at the studio house. But I guess it's good enough for some off the road hotel chain.

"How long are you staying here for?" she asks me as she finished her waffle. I had finished my breakfast already and was just sipping some coffee.

I shrug, "Until the end of the month I think" I say, I wasn't really sure myself, "We are just about finished with the album."

She nods, drinking some orange juice, "I'm leaving tomorrow" she tells me.

"Well you said you live in California. I've got a house there for when I have to stay there for a while" I explain to her, "Maybe we can catch up sometime when I get back." I don't know if I want a relationship or anything with her. But it would be nice to see her again and get to know her better if anything.

She nods her head and smiles, "I'd really like that" she says and I believe she means it.

"Okay, good. Because I'd love to get to know you better" I tell her and she just giggles a little, "I like your smile."

She blushes and continues to smile, "Thank you" she says, taking another sip of her juice to avoid any awkwardness. I've always been told I stare too much. So I guess that's what she's thinking right now. I look away from her, out the window.

"This was a nice breakfast" I tell her and she nods in agreement, "Actually from once we met was nice. I enjoyed every second" I say.

"I agree."

"Well, I enjoyed a few more of those seconds more than others but" I say, trailing off and she just laughs and blushes.

She seems like a girl who would be down to try many different things, all with me. She was very different talking to her versus her in bed. But I need some time to be alone now. I don't think I want to date Townes. Not yet anyways. It's too early for that. But a couple crazy nights wouldn't bother me.

"Okay, I think I should get to meeting up with my girl friends" she tells me, taking a last sip of the orange juice and standing up.

I figured I'd be the one who ended this early. I guess I was wrong. "Yeah, I should get back to the studio" I tell her, trying to make it seem like I was gonna be all alone after she left. Which I wasn't.

"Okay, well can I get your phone number so I know who to call when I get back to California" I say with a kind smile, pulling out my phone.

She grins and takes the phone from me, typing in her phone number before handing it back to me, "I better get at least a text" she says sternly but yet playfully.

I chuckle and nod, "Don't worry I will" I tell her and put my phone in my back pocket.

Here comes the awkward part: do I hug her? Do I kiss her?

Before I can figure it out for myself, she pulls me into a hug and I'm kinda glad she does it first so I didn't have to decide for myself.

I hug her back and the hug lingers for a minute before I pull away. She looks up at me with a smile, "I guess I'll be hearing from you" she says.

I nod, "Yes ma'am!" I say with a smile, "See ya" I say, turning around and walking towards the exit.

I get a taxi, which was fairly easy, and told the driver the address to the studio and he started to drive.

About twenty minutes later, we arrived and I paid him and got out. I walked in the front door and everyone was spread through the kitchen and into the living room. They all had a big smile on their faces and looking right at me.

"So, did it work? Are you inspired by your late night with blondie?" asks Jeff with a wide smile.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, "What?" I ask, confused. Who's blondie? Townes?

"The girl you were with last night" explains Mitch, "Did you get song inspiration from her and your night with her?"

"Oh!" I say, forgetting about the real reason of going out last night, "I'm sure I can come up with a song about last night" I say with a shrug. Everyone erupts in cheering and Jeff puts his arm around my shoulders and leads me to the studio and everyone follows.

- - -
"WE GOT THE SONG!" screams Jeff, putting his glass in the air. Everyone raises their glasses too and cheers and a few people pat me on the back.

We spent a few hours writing lyrics and some music for the new song and we were ready to start recording tomorrow. As for now, we decided a celebration was much needed.

That night we all got shit faced and most of us blacked out. It was the last song we have written for the album, so it was an exciting time.

Mitch and I happened to still be alright for now. We sat on a swinging chair outside on the porch. "So how'd it go with Sarah last night?" I ask him, wondering if I was a good match maker or not.

"Yeah you fucker" he says, laughing and shaking his head, "She came over to me right after she stopped talking to you... after I fucking told you not to say anything to her."

I laugh and he shakes his head again but still smiles, showing me that it wasn't all that bad. "Well, what happened? Give me details mate."

"Well, she came up to me and we talked a little small talk you know whatever and then she asked me if I wanted to dance with her" he says, laughing, "Man I don't know but I don't dance."

I laugh and shake my head, "What the hell! Why didn't I see this happen!?" I say a little too loudly.

"Yeah so I got up to dance with her, after much convincing that is" he continues, "And we are dancing and Harry oh my fucking god she was so gorgeous and I just wanted to kiss her."

I nod my head, following along with this story that I was way too invested in.

"So I grabbed her by the waist, pulled her close to me and kissed her" he says, smiling, obviously proud of himself, "She was shocked at first because she didn't kiss back but I kept kissing her and then she finally kissed me back."

"Oh my gosh! That's better than what I was doing at the time! I really wish I saw!" I say happily.

"No, you weirdo! I'm glad you didn't see that" he says laughing, "I'm sure it was awkward as hell and I'm just over fantasizing it."

I shake my head, "Whatever, so then what?" I ask, eager to know more.

He shrugs, "The rest was history" he says grinning. I raise an eyebrow and he nods his head, in confirmation that they slept together.

"Wow" I say, leaning back, "I'm glad you two got together last night" I tell him, "Is it gonna go any farther?"

He shrugs, "I hope so. Sarah isn't the kind for a one night stand. But we haven't talked about it at all today" he explains, "I think she's just nervous or something."

"Do you want to be in a relationship with her?"

"Yeah, man. If I can have her every night I would never be sad again" he says, smiling to himself.

I nod. That's such a nice feeling. I know that exact feeling. The feeling of wanting someone so much and being so in love so quickly.

"So what happened with you last night?"