Chapter 57:

It was around 7pm when I got back to Jamaica. I had texted Mitch and told him things ended between Nikki and I. I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. And I told him to let everyone know not to mention her.

It was best to forget her as soon as I could. I needed to move on. She was the best part in my life for a while but now everything about her made me sad and mad. We fought way too much and didn't even talk for a month. It was crazy. It's like I didn't even know her.

Mitch has asked me if we should trash the songs I wrote about her, which was most. But I told him no. They were some of the best songs we wrote. They comprised most of our skeleton album.

I entered the house and everyone greeted me and acted like normal, thankfully. No one gave me sad looks or said they were sorry Nikki and I broke up.

I didn't feel like doing much so I just went into my room and grabbed a pen and paper. I did the one thing that I know how to do best. The one thing that I'm here for.

I started to write lyrics. Anything I could. I needed to get one last heartbreak song out and it had to be for Nikki.

*One Week Later*
"So, we were thinking about the album" says Jeff as I sit down in the living room.

"Yeah, what about it?" I ask him and he sits next to me and a few others sit in some seats around us, listening into the conversation.

"Well, we've got some great songs but they are all kinda slow. Maybe we should add one more fun one?"

I shrug, I wasn't really feeling in a fun mood right now, "I don't know, mate" I say. We have all been stuck on writing for the past week and I know it's all been my fault. I just haven't been feeling good enough to write after I wrote half a song about Nikki and couldn't end it.

"How about we go to a bar or club on the island here and then come back and tomorrow write a song about whatever happens" says Jeff. It would be a nice change getting to go out and it would probably get me to stop thinking about Nikki.

I stay silent, not really wanting to answer. I needed more convincing.

"You don't even need to have the experience. Fucking Mitch here will get laid and you two can co-write the song" laughs Jeff and I chuckle and shake my head. It was the first time I've laughed today after what happened with Nikki.

"Hey, man" says Mitch, shaking his head and laughing too, "But you're right."

"Atta boy!" Jeff exclaims and slaps Mitch on his back who winces a bit but continues laughing.

I look over at Sarah who I can see clenches her jaw. I know Sarah likes Mitch. It's easy to tell that she's into him but I don't know if mitch knows.

"Alright fine" I give in and they all cheer and start to stand up.

"Let's go" Mitch says, putting his arm around me and we all walk out of the house.

We arrive at the first club we see and everyone dispersed, some going to the bar, some to the dance floor. Mitch hung back with me and we walked and sat at a table.

"So do you want to go and meet anyone here?" he asks over the loud music.

This was a tourist place so there was a lot of people from different places around. I just shrug.

"Speaking if meeting people" I say and look around for Sarah and spot her over at the bar, ordering a drink. I nod my head over to her and Mitch looks over then back at me.

"Sarah? What about her?"

I chuckle, "She likes you mate" I say with a smile.

He furrows his eyebrows, "Sarah?!" he says and shakes his head, "Nah."