Chapter 12:

"Sounds like you're in love."

I freeze and the shake my head. No one moves and everyone is shocked, except my mom who just sits there smiling.

"Love? Mom he barely knows this girl" Gemma says, defending me for a minute.

My mom just shrugs, "Harry, I don't want to scare you. I'm not saying you love her. I'm just saying that you're calling her so beautiful you haven't really had a real date and you're surprising her at her concert?" she says and shakes her head, "Maybe I'm wrong Harry, but only couples who are in love do that."

I shake my head and stand up, "I'm not in love with her, mom. I just really like her. She's exciting and it's a good change for me. Doesn't mean I love her" I say before I go upstairs to my room. I close the door behind me and lock it.

Love? Was I?

No. I'm not in love with her. I can't be. Am I? No! Like Gemma said we just met like a month ago no one can fall in love that quickly.

What about love at first sight though? Was that true? Did I love her once I saw her?

I mean, I definitely noticed her and couldn't stop thinking of her. She is amazing but was I in love? No. Not in love.
-
- -
- - -
- -
-
I grab my bags and say goodbye to my extended family standing all around my childhood house.

"Bye everyone!" I call to everyone and they all yell 'bye' back to me. I walk out the front door, Gemma and my mom behind me.

"Bye Gem" I say and wrap her in a big hug.

"Goodbye Harry! You and your girlfriend have fun!" she says, giving me a quick squeeze. I chuckle and push her playfully.

I look at my mom and she has tears in her eyes, "Mom" I say smiling, "Bye" I say and give her a hug too. Her hugs are always the best, and the longest. I rub her back gently as she cries on my shirt.

I pull away and grab her shoulders, "Goodbye mommy" I say and her eyes well up with more tears. I kiss her cheek and give her one more hug.

"Come visit more often, love" she says and I nod, pulling back from the hug. I pick up my bags and smile at her and Gemma before I toss them in the trunk of my car.

"Bye" I say once more before I get in the car. I back out of the driveway and wave to them before start to the airport.
-
- -
- - -
- -
-
New Text Message To: Nikki Park
Saturday 10:45am
Me:Hey there cutie 😍
Me: How was the last night of tour?
Nikki: Fun!
Me: Celebrate anyway?
Nikki: Yeah, I'm paying for it this morning with a huge headache
Me: Lol!! Well, I'm waiting for my plane now. When I get back in town, I'll bring you some things to make you feel better😚
Nikki: Hell yeah
Me: Lol well, I'll see you in a few hours
Nikki: Okay Safe flight
Me: Can't wait to see you😌
Nikki: I can't wait to see me too
Me: You're cute😉
Nikki: I know