Chapter 26:

After I changed, we were back on the road, headed into town. I took my time driving because it was 11:30. If I went fast, I would get there by noon. I can't get there on time. I told Jim I would be there when I wanted, not when he said. That's what I planned to do.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her, looking over to my beautiful girl looking out the window.

She turns to face me with a smile but shakes her head, "I'm actually okay. I'll wait until lunch" she says, before looking in front of her at the road.

"We can have lunch now if you'd like" I say, just trying to waste some time.

"No, you have your meeting" she reminds me and I roll my eyes in response, "So, after the meeting we will eat lunch, alright?"

I nod, annoyed about this stupid interview. I should've just lied to her about who called, or at least what they wanted from me. I debated if when I go in if I should bring her too, or just have her wait in the car.

There were positives and negatives to both. If I brought her in, then Jim wouldn't say I couldn't see her. It would work perfect. But then there is a chance, he would still say what he wants to, and that would make Nikki upset.

I couldn't decide what to do. I didn't want to just leave her in the car either. Anyone would see her and take pictures of her. Then I'd look like the bad boyfriend. I can't make up my mind. I will just see what she does when we get there. Yeah, I'll let her decide without her knowing.

Waking me from my thoughts, a song plays through the speakers from the radio. I tried to quickly change it but Nikki stopped me, "Wait, wasn't that One Direction?" she asked, pressing buttons on the radio, trying to go back.

"No" I lie. It was.

"But, they are like my favorite boy band ever!" she says, finding the station and turning up the radio.

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down.
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
I got fire for a heart
I'm not scared of the dark

"You've never seen it look so easy!" she sings along to the words in a mocking way. Her smile shows me she is just playing with me, "Sing!" she says.

"I got a river for a soul, and baby you're a boat" she continues, looking at me to continue. I just shake my head. I'm out of One Direction, and I don't want to sing any of the songs.

"Come on" she says, stopping singing, "Sing with me, you big baby!" She frowns, seeing I won't sing. She turns the volume up more, "If you aren't going to sing, I'll listen to the recorded version."

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me

I roll my eyes, not wanting her to be sad and sing along, "With your love nobody can drag me DOWN!" I almost scream out the last word. She laughs, looking over at me, shocked I actually sung.

"Nobody, nobody!" she sung back to me, "Nobody can drag me down" she looks over at me and smiles, "Okay, your turn."

I knew exactly what she was talking about, making me smile a little before I belt out the next line, "Nobody can drag me DOOoowWWWNnNNnnnn... DOOOOooooOOWWWwwwwNN."

We both laugh as the song ends and moves on to the next. I turn down the volume and smile over at her. She was just beautiful when she laughed and I liked her laugh. It was cute.

"Great singer" she tells me, running her fingers through her hair.

"Yeah, I wouldn't do that for anyone but you" I tell her. And honestly, I don't think I would do it for anyone else. I don't really want to go back to the One Direction days. Sure, they weren't long ago, but I'm happy to be moving on. That was one part of my life and it's over. Now, I am going to be making my own music without the opinion of anyone else.

About half an hour later, I pull up to the Syco offices. Someone immediately comes to my car, opening the door for me, "Hi, how are you today, Mr. Styles" says the guy.

I nod to him, "Fine" I say and he waits as I get out. He takes my place and drives off. I meet Nikki when the car pulls by and hold out my hand to her. Guess she is coming in too.

I lead us into the building where the receptionist smiles at me, "Hello, welcome" she says and looks to her computer, "Do you have an appointment?" she asks. She wasn't the same girl who called me this morning.

I shrug, "Not really" I say, looking at my watch. It was about twenty minutes past noon. I wish it was at least an hour later, but knowing Nikki, she wouldn't have it.

"Okay, you're here to see... Simon?" she guesses, clicking through the computer.

I furrow my eyebrows. Simon usually doesn't come to this office at all. I don't think I've ever seen him here before. I shake my head, "No, Jim."

She nods, her face brightening and clicking again, "Okay, I found you. Go on up, I'll call him and let him know you are coming" she says, picking up the phone. I nod and we walk to the elevator. Nikki presses the up arrow and we patiently wait.

"Should I wait here?" she asks, pointing to a few chairs with a couple random people sitting in them.

I shake my head, "No, too busy here. Upstairs there are more places to wait" I tell her and she smiles, nodding her head. The elevator dings as the doors open and we step in. I click the number 17 and the doors close, the elevator moving upwards.

I put my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me. I look down at her and smile and she smiles back at me, "I love you" I say, leaning down slightly, pressing my lips against hers. I love kissing her. It took so much of me not to just rip off her clothes now and...

The elevator dings again and the doors slide open, revealing office spaces and a front desk in, well, the front.

I pull away, knowing people had to have seen, but I don't care. I take her hand and lead her to the girl I talked to on the phone, "Hey" I say.

She gives me a fake smile. Jim has the people in his office tied around his finger. Every thought he felt, they felt too. Hence her hating me. "Hi Harry" she says, picking up her phone and looking at me, "Have a seat."

We walk to a small waiting area as the lady speaks something on the phone, looking at me and Nikki. I turn to Nikki, ignoring my annoyed feelings, "See, I told you more waiting space" I say with a forced smile.

She grins and looks up behind me. I turn around and see Jim walking towards us. He is giving us a fake smile, it was obvious. He was dressed in his normal suit and he was one of the few people I come in contact with who was actually taller than me.

"Glad you could make it" he lies, holding out his hand.

I stand up and shake his hand, "Mhm" I mumble, not taking any of his shit. He turns to Nikki, acting like he doesn't know her, "Jim, this is Nikki" I say and Nikki stands up, holding out her hand.

I swear I almost punched him when he looked at her hand before reluctantly shaking it. I decide to rub this in, "Nikki is my girlfriend" I add.

He looks at me, narrowing his eyes at me and nods, "Okay" he says, dragging out the word, "Well, lets go" he says, "alone."

I roll my eyes, "Duh" I say and turn to Nikki and shrug before giving her a reluctant smile. She smiles and gives me a good luck wink before I turn around and walk down the hall and into his office.