Ch. 16 Claws Clash

Start from the beginning

Jennie knew that it was much easier said than done. But she didn't really have a say. "Alright, I'm ready."

"Great! You get a one minute prep from V, then we'll start."

With that said, V led her to one side of the fighting court, "So Jimin chooses the opponent for you, and knowing him, it'll be someone whose strength is your weakness."

"Well I already know I can't beat anyone in a fight," Jennie said, "it'll be hard enough to withstand 20 minutes. Is this even fair? I have absolutely no experience in fighting and he's already throwing me into one with a skilled Shifter."

"Don't worry, everyone new here has gone through these same tests. The only exceptions are the young ones. But anyway, you have more skills than you think, seeing how you did with the other two tests. You just gotta trust your animal and instincts and most of it will come out naturally enough. Be dependent on your agility and speed."

"Let's get started!" Jimin shouted from the other side.

When Jennie met eyes with her opponent, she suddenly realized how real this fight was going to be. She had a feeling there was no way the bright red-head young man in front of her would go easy on her. 

"O-oh my god, V-V, I-I don't know

"O-oh my god, V-V, I-I don't know..." Her confident act dropped right then and there, her fear of violence was growing.

"Hey, hey," V held onto her shoulders and looked at her, "I brought you here because my instincts told me that you can be much fiercer than you think you are. I wouldn't have bought you here if I didn't see that potential. But if you really can't do this, I can always bring you to stay at the Underground Haven. It's still your choice."

Jennie kind of expected him to push her with harsh yet encouraging words like the time she almost backed out in confronting her ex. But there was a certain softness in his eyes that calmed her down.

"Yah, V!" Jimin shouted impatiently, "I gave you a one-minute prep, not a five-minute lover's moment."

"Don't rush her, Jimin," V glared back. "She's not ready-"

"I-It's okay," Jennie spoke up. "I'm fine." She took a deep breath and then said louder, "I'm ready!" She turned to V, who was looking at her hesitantly, and smiled reassuringly, "Between us big cats, if you see something in me, then I believe you. Don't start doubting yourself now or I'll start doubting myself even more. I'll prove to you that your instincts are right."

Seeing her resolve, V's lips curled into a smirk, "And you prove to yourself that you are not weak. You're a predator, right, kitten?"

Jennie returned the smirk, "Hmph, right." V patted her head and left to go on the balcony with Jimin.

"Wooshin-ah," Jimin called out, "make me proud."

"Yes, Master," the younger red-head bowed his head then turned to Jennie. "Jennie-ssi, let's have a good fight." The mischievous glint in his eyes told Jennie that he was indeed one of Jimin's best, also a trainee eager to please his Master.