"This is the real reason why I am here, Kara," I told her with a sigh, still not able to look at her as I spoke. "I'm sick. And I need Dad's help. I figured it would be best if I come here myself, talk to him about it in person rather than by phone while trying to see if I could give us a chance. To see if I can mend something, fix things somehow. But I guess I should just forget about it. I'm sorry you had to witness that fight, and to see—this. I knew I shouldn't have come here."

"No, you shouldn't leave like this," she firmly said to me, holding tightly and delicately at the same time. "You are not in the condition to just leave. Where are you going to stay for the night? You are here now, so you shouldn't just give up. Besides—your father deserves to know."

I looked at her, meeting her eyes that were still staring at me with concern. "And how am I supposed to tell him? Or ask him about it?" I asked her. My voice came out desperate out of exhaustion and dread that I felt. "You saw what happened. I could never talk to him, or have a decent conversation with that man. He never listens to me. He never listens to anyone. And I could never talk to him without wanting to explode."

"He's a hard-headed one, indeed. But he had lost your Mom and he had been beating himself over losing you in the past," Kara pleaded while holding my hand.

I only shook my head and scoffed, "Well, he sure is showing that pretty damn well."

"You know how terrible he is in showing his emotions," she said with a bitter chuckle, and I looked over at her to see her sad look. I had to admit that I couldn't help but admire her for staying with my father for so long, even after all that had happened. After all that was said and done in the past. She took a deep breath and tried her best to reassure me, "He will listen this time. I will make sure of it. I'll be there with you when you face him. I will not let you face him alone. Not this time. I'm not losing you again."

Tears brimmed on the corners of my eyes for her words, for the way I was reminded of the day when I left. When I hurt her. I pushed myself off the counter and instantly wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly as I whispered, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you when I left."

We both cried in that hug, and she whispered to me, "No, everything had been all my fault all this time. I'm sorry I had failed you. You and your Mom. You were the one who has been hurting the most."

We stayed there longer as we held each other tight, embracing our wounded hearts as we forgive ourselves and each other for the past we were finally able to leave behind.

Kara helped me walk out of the powder room, and we made our way out as careful as we possibly could heading towards the dining room, expecting to find both men who we had left behind still waiting for us there

Kara helped me walk out of the powder room, and we made our way out as careful as we possibly could heading towards the dining room, expecting to find both men who we had left behind still waiting for us there. I had told Kara that I was able to walk on my own, but she was too worried about my wellbeing now that she understood what was going on, that she would not let me go or let me out of her sight.