chapter sixty-six: shits and giggles

at the edge of the cliff

chapter sixty-six: shits and giggles

The sight in front of me was something that I never thought I would see. Me and Grayson, Grayson's parents, and my mother gathered around a huge grand table in the Delgato's dining room having a meal. Grayson kept kicking me under the table, just for shits and giggles I guess. Grayson's dad tried to keep up with the conversation that the moms were so invested in. And me? I was just watching it all play out.

Let me back track a little bit. Now that Grayson's dad knows about us, Marie told him about the dinner we had at our place, which he wasn't to happy about. But, all he did was insist we have a dinner at their house. Marie was comoletley on board saying she hadn't had the chance to cook a big family meal in a hot minute. And obviously my mom was excited. The only people not excited? Me and Gray. It wasn't our thing. Even though every thing seemed to be going smoothly.

"Grayson Delgato, if you kick me again-"

"What are you gonna do?" He smirks over at me. I kept my voice down and as subtly as possible I reached over and flicked his nose. He raises eyebrow before chuckling. "That's all?" He questions. I roll my eyes.

"That's all I can really do at the moment." I mutter taking a bite of the pasta Marie cooked. It was hella good, despite me not knowing exactly what it is.

"But I could do something." The sudden feeling of hot breath on the side of my face made me jump. He acts completley normal, taking a sip of his water, as he places his hand on my knee. I freeze. What is he up to? I try to stay still and unaffected as he squeezes it lightly before rubbing circles on my leg. Why a simple action like that felt so good? I don't know. But I do know that he kept getting higher and higher until he stopped midthigh. He kept massaging. And every one else was to preoccupied to know what was happening under the table. I finally look over at him to see him looking the other way. I could practically feel the smugness radiating off of him as he kept going. And I was literally putty under his finger tips.

"I think its time for dessert, don't you guys think?" Marie claps her hand as she stands up. I immediately follow behind her making Grayson drop his hand. He stifled a chuckle as every one looked at me weirdly.

"What? I like dessert." I say following Marie to the kitchen. I needed to get away from him before it got. . .too intense. Marie and I made small talk as we cut pieces of the cake she made on small saucers. We brought them out, and right before I sat down, I subtly moved my chair a couple inches away from Grayson. Which he also laughed at.

But the rest of the dinner went great. Everyone got along perfectly. Grayson behaved the rest of the time, thankfully. But he is so going to get an earful later. The adults go into the kitchen to chat and wash up, and they told us to "run along". Who says that? But whatever.

I turn towards Grayson and immediately slap his chest. "What was that?" I screech quietly. He gives me an innocent look.

"What do you mean?" He asks taking a step closer. So I stepped back. Because I know as soon as he touches me, here's come putty Shay all over again.

Things have been very touchy feely with us lately. Stolen kisses during class. Heated kisses in the bedroom. Butt grabs in the hallway. A few hickeys here and there. I didn't mind. At all. And neither does he apparently since he is the start of it all.

Well, most of the time.

I shake my head at him. "You're so gonna pay." I tell him.

"Oh really?" He asks taking another step forward. I nod this time standing my ground. I stand on my toes and wrap my arms around his neck. He slaps my butt lightly, still going at it.

"Maybe I won't let you touch me for a whole day." I say with a thoughtful tone. He raises an eyebrow.

"You can't resist me babe." He winks cockily. True. But I have pretty good self control.

"Wanna put it to the test?" I challenge. I expected a hell yeah because he can get pretty competitive. But he shakes his head and slowly trails his hands down my back and to my butt again, this time squeezing.

"No. Because I know for a fact I'll lose." He says getting closer and closer to my face. I smile at his words and finally connect our lips. It was nothing crazy, just a small kiss. But he pulled away with the biggest grin on his face.

"What?" I ask looking up at him. He lines my jaw with his fingertip and shakes his head.

"You're beautiful." He says softly. My stomach explodes just as much as it did the first time he said that. I smile and push him away playfully.

"You're cheesy." I say sticking my tongue out at him. He laughs and in one quick motion throws me over his shoulder. I laugh loudly as he runs down the hall and up the stairs, to his room I'm assuming. He kicks open his cracked open door the rest of the way open and runs in, throwing the both of us down onto the bed laughing like idiots.

I roll off of him onto my back beside him. We fall into a comfortable silence staring up at the ceiling. I feel movement as Grayson's hands fumbles around until it finds mine. He tugs my arm until I turn over facing him, putting my hand on his chest. I bite back a smile when he brings my hand to his lips and kisses it softly.

"What do you think they're talking about down there?" I ask voicing my thoughts.

"Us." He shrugs. I nod. Probably.

And on that topic, I feel like there is always a lot to talk about.

"Hey." Grayson says sitting up. I follow his actions and pull my legs to my chest. "I wanna take you on a date." He says. My eyes go wide. What?

"A. . .date?" I repeat slowly. We don't do dates. We're not those people. Grayson nods. "Like dinner and a movie? Like get dressed up? Like a date date?" I ask just trying to clarify.

"I mean, I would make it more fitting to us. I don't think I could do that dinner at eight in a fancy restraunt." He says shaking his eyes. I slit my eyes at him, thinking as I nibble on my bottom lip. "Come on. It'll be fun." He pleads putting his hand on my knee. "I just want to take my girlfriend out on a date." He says. I raise my eyebrows.

"So I'm your girlfriend now?" I ask. He rolls his eyes.

"Basically." He says. I push his hand off of my knee and cross my arms.

"I don't remember you asking me." I say half serious. He gives me an 'are you serious' look and I respond with a 'yes I'm fucking serious' look. He sighs and stands up, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. He holds both of my hands to his chest, staring down into my eyes. I could see the playfulness in them, but I could also see the seriousness.

"Isabelle Shay Daniels," he starts as I stifle a laugh. "will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" I press my lips in a thin line and put on my best thinking face.

"Let me think about it." I say pulling my hands out of his and sitting on the bed. He sighs again and sits beside me silently. After a few seconds go by, I turn and tap on his shoulders.

"Yes?" He asks. I could tell he was growing a little annoyed which made it even funnier.

"Yes I'll be your girlfriend." I say smiling. He rolls his eyes, but a grin breaks through nonetheless. He pulls me into his lap facing him.

"You're so dorky." He says while poking my nose. I grin.

"You love it though." I say pecking his lips. He lays back pulling me with him.

"Damn straight."