chapter five: hot prostitutes

at the edge of the cliff

chapter five: hot prostitutes

"Party at Ricks" Ryder says coming up behind me. I stick another book into my locker along with my bag and turn around. His arms were above his head in a stretching motion.

"Tired?" I ask starting to walk down the hallway. He follows beside me and slings and arm around my shoulder.

"Yes, very." he says nodding. "Didn't get a lot of sleep last night." he says. His phone dings and he moves to grab it out of his pocket.

"Ew. I do not need to hear this." I say, my nose scrunching in disgust. He is my friend but it's no secret he sleeps around.

"Not cause of that." he shakes his head staring down at his phone. He closes his eyes for a split second before he switches off his phone and puts it in his pocket.

"What is it?" I ask him. He shakes his head, not saying anything. I grab his arm and he shakes it off. "Come on. What is it?" I ask again.

"Gigi" he said. That one word was enough for me to understand. Gigi was a girl Ryder was completely and utterly in love with for two years up until about six or seven months ago when they broke up. She told him that she had be cheating on him for the past year with of his friends she met at a party, then had the nerve to ask for forgiveness. He was crushed. Me being me, I tried to beat her ass, be he stopped me everytime.

"Gigi? What the hell does she want?" I ask rolling my eyes. He sighed.

"Rick just said he heard she was going to be at the party tonight." he sounded disappointed. Partying was his life, basically. Outside of school he could be found two places: his boxing gym so somewhere partying.

"Fuck that dude. We are going and if she is there, imma beat her ass." I say shaking my head. He chuckles and pats my head.

"Easy tiger." he laughs.

-

-

-

"Oh Jemma!" I scream walking into her room. She was sprawled out on her bed with her eyes in a book.

"What are you doing here?" her hands push her up and she slides her book to the side. "I mean hey." she says. I take a seat on her bed. "Anyways, how'd you get in?" she asks.

"It took a lot of convincing." I reply laughing. Her mom is still mad at me for the whole car incident. She nods and laughs along with me.

"Get up, chica." I say standing up. She looks at me puzzled. "We have a party to attend to." I say knowing her answer before she says it. "And before you disagree, I am going to need a distraction or its for sure i'll beat someone's ass tonight." I say giving her a look.

"Do I want to know?" she asks. I shake my head. "Alright."

Jemma drives us to my house to get ready. "Okay, no one is home so we have to hurry before they get back." I say going inside with her following. She nods and knows not to ask questions. I don't talk about my home life and she doesn't ask.

"Pick out my outfit. I'm too lazy." she says throwing herself on my bed. She is  a few inches taller than me but I probably have something cute that'll fit her.

"This!" I yell throwing the bundle of clothes at her. She picks up the white skinny jeans and light pink crop top and looks at me.

"That's really revealing." she says sounding unsure. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Jem, you've got the body of a model. Show it." she blushes at my words. She blushes as compliments. And pretty much anything. She nods hesitantly and goes into the bathroom to change.

"Now me." I mumble to myself. My hands moves clothes out of the way and my eyes scan over each piece. I find white jeans similar to Jems, but mine are high waisted and ripped in the knee. I throw on a black bralette and walk out of my closet. I clap when I see Jemma. She rolls her eyes and throws and pillow at me.

"Now makeup. Sit." I order. My inner girl comes out and Jemma laughs at me while I dump all my makeup out on the bed.

-

-

-

"We look like prostitutes." Jemma says. We stand in front of my full length mirror and I look us up and down.

"Hot prostitutes." I correct. Before she could protest to wearing this i stop her. "Kidding. We have on more than the other girls will. It's fine. You look great." I say. She looks at herself and her blond hair I perfectly curled and her subtle makeup I did. I had to force her into the white heels I gave her, but she finally gave in.

"You look good too." she says. I look at my black hair that is down in its usually waves with a red bandana tied around my head, and my makeup the same as hers but eyeliner added. I threw my outfit together with my black knee high boots and I would say it doesn't look that bad.

"I do don't I?" I say. We both look at eachother and laugh. "Alright let's go!" I yell grabbing her arm. She nods and I grab my phone.

"Where you going?" the voice of my father grunts. I turn towards the couch and see him lying there with a can of beer in each hand.

"Out." I say with a monotone voice. I pull Jemma towards the door.

"I don't need your attitude." he says looking away from the TV and over to me. His eyes lands on Jemma and then back to me.

"And I don't need your shit." and with that I shut the door. I walk to Jem's car and get in.

"Was that your dad?" she asks. I nod and lay my head against the cool window. It was sort of refreshing and calming. He didn't really do anything near to what he would have done if Jemma wasn't there, but then again, it she wasn't I would have left out of the window. I am more embarrassed than anything. For her to see what my dad was like. When he isn't there it seems like a normal above average sized house. He owns a bank and in front of colleagues or at work he is completely normal. Our house is kept spotless, thanks to me, and everything is neat and...homey. But he gets there and everything goes downhill. Especially with his wife.

I guess Jemma got the message that I didn't  want to talk about it any more, so the rest of the ride was silent.

Until we pulled into Rick's house.