chapter twenty-eight: baggy clothes meet pencil skirt

at the edge of the cliff

chapter twenty eight: baggy clothes meet pencil skirt

A groan escapes my lips when I feel the light seeping into the room. My hands flew over my eyes in attempt to go back into the darkness but it didn't work. I moved my hands and sit up slowly. The room with dark blue walls seemed a little familiar but I still couldn't figure out where I was. My head snapped over when a door was open. A shirtless Grayson walked out with dark jeans hanging dangerously low on his hips.

"Your awake." he said surprised. I fall back down on the bed and groan.

"I wish I wasn't." I mumble. The bed dips beside me as Grayson sits down on it. I look up from my lying position at him. "What time is it?" I ask.

"1:30." he replies. I groan again as my head throbs. "You slept forever." he laughs pulling a black shirt over his head.

"Why am I here?" I ask another question. I do not remember one moment of last night, at all. I remember getting my first cup and that was it.

"I brought you here because drunk Shay got a little crazy." he says vaguely. A little crazy? What did I do? There is honestly no telling what I did.

"Great." I deadpan to myself. I pull the blankets over my head to have them taken off by Grayson. "I'm dying." I groan as the light got brighter from the window. I think the sun is mocking me.

"Your not dying." he says. My arms were pulled up and my body still was limp. "Come on. We need food." he says trying to pull me up.

"I need you to shoot me in the head." I say with my eyes closed. He chuckles and picks me up bridal style. "Your pretty cuddly." I say without thinking. When I open my eyes he is staring down at me with a smirk.

"Cuddly?" he asks with an eyebrow raised. I roll mine.

"I'm not in the right state of mind. A cactus would be cuddly right now." I say. My feet meet the floor and I stumble just a bit. I still have my clothes on from last night and they reek of alcohol.

"Here." dark material is shoved in my arms and I smile gratefully. "Come downstairs when your done." he says leaving me to change. I take off my clothes and set them on the bed. I slip into the gray sweatpants that were a million times to big, but luckily it had a string so they would actually stay up. He also gave me a black long sleeved shirt just like the one he put on just a couple minutes ago. I swear he only wears jeans and black or white shirts.

I go into the bathroom and look at my pathetic body hidden by these baggy clothes. I turn on the water and splash the coldness on my face. I manage to scrub off all the makeup so I didn't look scary. My hair was fallen down in waves and I finger brushed it until it looked okay. Okay as it could possibly be in this situation.

I open Grayson's bedroom door and peek around to make sure no one is coming. I've never met his parents and if I ever planned to I do not want it to be like this. I walk carefully down the hallway until I find the stairs. Being as quiet as possible I walk down the stairs, looking at pictures that were hung on the walls. I get to the bottom of the stairs and see Grayson standing in the kitchen at the end of another hallway. I walk towards him.

"You know me so well you gave me all black." I laugh walking in. He turns around with a cup in his hand and laughs.

"Yeah." he simply says setting down the glass. I watch as he goes to a cabinet and takes out a bottle. "Here is some painkillers for your head." he slides the bottle over to me and I take two wanting to get rid of this torture in my head.

"Thanks." I say. My eyes wander around the kitchen and take everything in. "Nice place." I say looking over to him. He just shrugs. "Is anyone home?" I ask. I look at him confused when he tenses up.

"Uh- I don't think so." he says. He turns around and grabs a coke can and takes a drink. I look down awkwardly and we just sit there.

When the door slams, we both jump completely startled. His eyebrows pull together when he looks over to me and he leans over looking down the hallway. The clicking of heels echo through the silent house and they get louder and closer.

"Shit" Grayson groans. I look over at him confused.

"Grayson, language." a lady scolds walking in. I'm guessing it is him mom. She is the definition of sophisticated with her pencil skirt and hair tied in a bun. She lays a bag on the table and flops down in the chair, still not noticing me.

"Sorry mom." Grayson says. She leans down and takes her heels off and sighs.

"I hate those things with a passion-" she stops talking when her eyes land on me and she smiles. "Oh my- I didn't even see you there." she stands up and walks over to me. "Gray, who's your pretty friend?" she asks looking to her son with a look.

"This is Shay." he said with an obvious forced smile. I laugh at how uncomfortable he looked.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Delgado." I say smiling at her. When her blue eyes looked at me I could tell Grayson got his eyes from her.

"Call me Marie." she smiled. I nod. I shift uncomfortably when I realize what I was wearing and how I looked. She probably has the wrong idea. She walks over to the cabinets and grabs a glass.

"So did you stay the night?" she asked casually. I look over to Grayson and he had an amused expression on his face.

"Uh- yeah. Sorry about that by the way, I just got drunk and he brought me here so I wouldn't do something stupid like drive or-" I stopped when I realized I was rambling.

"Shay its fine. Its nice to meet Grayson friend, he usually doesn't bring any home." she says grabbing a picture of lemonade.

"Alright, we're going to eat so-" he grabs my hand and start going to the door. "See ya later!" he yells.

"Nice to meet you!" I yell before the door was shut. I laugh and look up at him. "Not many friends?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes and starts to his car.

"Shut up." he grumbles. Smiling, I follow him to the car and climb in.

"No its kinda cute. Your all shy and stuff." I say poking his arm. He grabs my hand that poked him and held it tightly in his.

"I'm not shy. My family is just a little screwed up." he says pushing my arm away. I raise my eyebrows.

"Trust me, I know screwed up. I am screwed up. That wasn't screwed up." I say crossing my arms. His mom seemed sweet.

"Your not screwed up." he said. He took his eyes off the road for a moment to look over to me. I gave him a "are you kidding me?" look.

"Please..." I scoff. "I am the definition of screwed up, and you've seen it." I say chuckling dryly.

"Your not that bad." he said once again looking over to me. I roll my eyes but couldn't help but laugh.

"Thanks." I say sarcastically with a fake smile making him chuckle.