chapter forty-seven: adventures on the road

at the edge of the cliff

chapter forty-seven: adventures on the road

I laugh loudly as Grayson completely misses the skittle I had thrown to him. He grumbles once again telling me to throw another. I grab an orange skittle, aim it towards his mouth, and throw. He catches it this time. "Finally." I mutter as he celebrates his own little victory, dancing around. I squeal as he grabs my hands pulling me from our comfy spot on the grass. He spins us around, "dancing", and jumping like idiots. I couldn't help but laugh. He stops and smiles, looking down at me. I bite my lip and stand on my toes, reaching up to kiss his cheek. His eyes widen and I chuckle.

"What was that for?" He asks, slowly inching closer to me, snaking his hands around my waist. I shrug.

"I felt like it." I state, wrapping my arms around his neck. He shakes his head, smiling.

"You should do that more often." He says lowly, dipping his head down to place a small peck on my nose. I nod, agreeing, feeling my heart beat pick up a little. His face was still very close to mine, but I didn't mind. In fact, I found myself enjoying it very much. Maybe a little too much. "Have I told you how beautiful you are?" He mumbles, his blue eyes pouring into mine. For a split second, in that moment I believed him. I slowly nod.

"On several occasions." I answer making his lips stretch into a smile. I finally tear my eyes away from his and look around. We were in a park in a town we had stopped in the night before. We previously had been laying in the grass tossing Skittles to each other.

"Ready for our next stop?" I feel my fingers being engulfed in his own and I nod excitedly.

"Lets go!" I hold his hand tightly starting to run across the big grassy field. He laughs running as I tug him behind me.

In that moment I felt completely and utterly free.

-

-

-

"Shay." Grayson mumbles. I groan and sink more into the seat, wrapping my arms around myself. "For God sakes." I don't even move when I feel him scoop me into his arms, heading inside the hotel. I knew he was tired so I was very appreciative he decided to carry me. I lean my head on his chest, snuggling into his warm body. He walks into the lobby of the hotel and goes to the front desk. I peek through my eyelids to see the guy looking ast us wierdly. "Do you have any rooms for tonight?" Grayson asks the guy. He taps on the computer before nodding. Keeping me in his arms, he somehow manages to grab his wallet, and take out his credit card. He hands it to the man. The man swipes it and hands it back along with a room key. When we make it to the elevator I decide I was awake enough to walk myself. I wiggle around until he sets me down.  "You couldn't have walked earlier?" He asks pushing the up button.

"Shut up." I mumble, grabbing his arm and leaning on him for support. I was awake enough to walk, but I still was tired. He sighs and pulls me into the elevator, then pushes the second floor. I was too tired to even be scared of the elevator. Be pushes me in front of him, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head on mine.

All day we've been driving, sight seeing, and talking. But thats a lot more exhausting than you think. Plus it was around one in the morning now.

When the doors open, Gray grabs my hand and walks just a couple steps down the hallways before swiping the key and opening the door. He shuts the door while I fumble around for the light switch. I find it and the room is immediately flooded with the dim yellow light. The room was smaller than any of the others we've slept in, only holding a small desk with a tv setting on top, and one queen sized bed. "Guess were cuddling tonight." Grayson states goofily grinning down at me. I roll my eyes, biting back a smile. These passed three nights, all of our rooms had had two beds. I'm not complaining that there's just one, I'm just saying.