Kirishima Eijirou: Scribbles

Start from the beginning

Everyone practically pushed you away, except for your parents. They loved you, accepted you despite your condition. But, the feeling of being distanced away from the world you've dreamt of living in, hurt you so much that it made you realize one thing-maybe you didn't belong in this world in the first place.

And so, you decided to accept your being different. Never mind having to live in a world where everyone just turns their backs to you, create your own one instead. Everytime you could feel the pressure of the stares of the people, your classmates especially, you would make a move and stay away. You didn't have the courage to stand up to them. How could you, if they'll just end up having to laugh at you again?

To be honest, you love your own little world. You were given a sanctuary, where you could have a peaceful mind, ignoring all the noises of the outside world. It was like, you were living in a lone island in the middle of the ocean. And this library, along with the other secret spots you visited inside and outside the school, became your island, giving you the ability to become free from the cruel world for a while.

But, in that day, you certainly didn't expect that this sanctuary of yours would be cracked.

A light tap on your shoulder made you jump, startled. A yelp came out of your mouth, and you shot your hands up to cover it to dismiss that little noise you did. You whirled around in your seat, (E/C) orbs meeting dazzling red. Your eyes widened as you recognized your fang-toothed ravenette classmate and next-door neighbor, Kirishima Eijirou.

"Hello there," he greeted, giving you a wave. You hastily lowered into a small bow, out of respect for his greetings. In fear of making further contact with him, you turned around, focusing your eyes on the book you had been reading.

Meanwhile, Kirishima curiously tilted his head at you, his eyes glinting with wonder. He peeked at the book you held, studying the words imprinted.

"Wow, so you're into those kinds of books?" he exclaimed, again startling you, your shoulders jumping. "I don't even know the meaning of some of those words!"

You replied with a timid nod as a reply, silence wrapping the both of you yet again. Kirishima studied the back of your head, slowly stepping towards your side, where he could see your face a bit more clearly.

"Hey, you can hear me, right?" he asked. You glanced at him from your side, nodding again. He sighed, crouching down, leaning his head on his folded arms placed on the edge of the desk.

"(L/N) (Y/N)."

The mention of your name made your eyes widen, looking up at him. Kirishima gave you a closed-eye toothy grin, tilting his head to the side.

"You don't have to be scared. I don't bite!"

You studied his eyes, only seeing nothing but a glint of seriousness and concern.

"I know you weren't the one who broke that vase earlier," he said, leaning back, puffing out his chest then lightly hitting it with his fist. "I told the teacher it was those jerks of our classmates who did that!"

He told the truth. . . for me? You pressed your lips together, scrambling for your bag. Kirishima watched you as you whipped out a notebook and a pencil. You quickly scribbled some words, quickly showing him what you've written as you finished.

Why would you do that?

The ravenette stared at your message in wonder, looking up at you with that same grin.

"Because I know you aren't the type of person who would do that!" he answered in a matter of fact tone. His eyes then softened. "I can't handle it whenever someone takes advantage of a person's disability. It's not so manly, you know!"