From then on, the night started out smoothly.

He was a different person. He started treating me differently ever since I came out of the bedroom and was ready to go, and I was starting to enjoy the night for being next to him. It felt like we were back to those years when he used to take me out with him and it felt—quite pleasant.

"Thank you," he said as he was driving us to the party. I kept catching him throwing glances at me secretly during the drive, and I was starting to feel nervous about it, suddenly feeling self-aware for the whole thing. For having his attention on me.

"Thank me for what, exactly?"

"For wearing the dress, and for joining me tonight. You look beautiful," he said, giving me a quick smile before looking back on the road.

I felt a blush showing on my face and I looked away to hide it. "You're flattering me too much, Jungkook."

"Shouldn't I?" I could feel him smiling while he spoke even when I was not looking at him. "I know I don't say things like this a lot. I just—I feel like I haven't paid enough attention to my wife lately. I'm sorry."

"It's—okay. You've been busy lately. We both were—"

A few seconds of silence passed before he spoke. "What if we go somewhere? Let's go on a trip, just the two of us, someplace where we won't be bothered by work? Or perhaps a date? We haven't gone out together for so long."

I finally turned to look at him. "Is something wrong? What's gotten into you?"

He only chuckled at my response. "What? Nothing's wrong, babe. I just—I miss you. I miss my wife. Is that wrong?" He stopped and released a sigh. "After our last fight, I realized that I've been neglecting you a lot, and all I've been doing lately is act like a jerk to you. I just want to make it up. You were right. And I just—I'm sorry."

I fell silent as I took in his words. It took me completely by surprise when he brought it up, and even accepting all the things I said to him on my drunken outburst. My heart tightened to the pain I had kept inside when I thought of everything that had happened between us for the last few months—all the fights and all the painful words he gave to me, that we gave each other, all the hate and fear we had of each other. I let out a sigh, convincing myself that perhaps I could try to let them go. Perhaps I could give him a chance to make it up, and a chance for us to make things better.

"We can start with a date, I guess. It has been a while since we go out like this. I'd say that tonight is a good start," I told him, earning a wide smile from him. "Let's talk about this again later after the party, okay?"

He nodded and reached out to grip my hand. "Yes, of course. Only if you think of this night as our first date."

We reached the venue not long after our eventful conversation.

It was not supposed to be a huge party that we were attending that night. The event was a private gathering hosted by the head of the company where Jungkook had been working at since the beginning of our marriage. It was the annual company party Jungkook used to take me along with, the kind of party which was usually held to celebrate either a special promotion for an employee or the company's anniversary.