~ Chapter 29 ~

Thursday

"I still can't believe you gave us your Louis Vuitton totes." Frankie plops onto the couch, pizza in hand.

Cheer practice today had taken no more than thirty minutes so I invited Frankie and Sue Ellen to come over to study and do homework. We have yet to do either.

I roll my eyes for the umpteenth time tonight. "I literally have two more sitting in my closet, it is not a big deal. Can we just agree to not say anything more about that."

Frankie and Sue look at each other before looking back at me. "Fine." They both agree.

I try and focus my attention to the text book in front of me but the words seem to mush together and I can't make sense of them.

"Okay, I can't." Sue jumps up. "I need to do something and homework isn't going to cut it. Let's go shopping."

"Right now?" Frankie shoves her books aside, looking ready to go.

"Yes! I've been needing some new boots and Colton's party this Saturday is going to be perfect to break them in!" Sue says.

"Saturday?" I ask, "Aren't parties usually Friday after the game?"

"When its an away game we just go to the diner and grab milkshakes. It would be way too late to party by the time we actually got back and got ready, so we save that for Saturday." Sue Ellen explains.

I nod, "That makes a lot of sense, actually."

"What do you say, Lib?" Frankie turns to me. "Shopping?"

Looking down at my books, I make a face. "I'm not getting anything done. Let's go! We can take my car."

"Isn't your car only for two?" Frankie asks.

"No, it has a third seat but its kinda small."

"That's fine! I can sit back there." Sue cuts me off before I can suggest taking their car instead.

I shrug, "Let's check it out first and if its too small, we can take my dad's truck."

They nod enthusiastically and begin cleaning up. I head out to the patio to find my mom reading.

"Hey mom." I greet.

She sets her book down, "Hi sweetie, is everything alright?"

"Oh yeah, the girls and I are tired of studying and I we were thinking of going shopping. Is that okay?"

Mom's face breaks out into a knowing smile, "What are you girls shopping for?"

"Sue said something about needing new boots so -"

"Are you getting new boots?" Mom asks, "I imagine you don't have any like the ones she is planning to buy."

I scrunch up my nose, "I don't think so. I don't have much use for some like those."

Mom's smile grows slightly, "Okay but if you change your mind, go ahead and buy some."

"Thanks mom! We shouldn't be long." I call over my shoulder.

"I've heard that before." Mom chuckles.

I shake my head and jog into the game room where Sue typed away on her phone and Frankie finished putting her stuff away.

"You girls ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah!" Frankie and Sue answer and we head out to the garage.