~ Chapter 37 ~

Monday (still)

I feel a tap on my shoulder and roll my eyes.

This is the third time Frankie has tried to talk to me. The other two times she got caught.

We are supposed to be reading from our text book and answering questions individually.

"Liberty!" She whisper-yells, interrupting my readying, not that I had read very much.

"You're going to get caught again." I whisper back.

"Just answer this, are you and Cash dating?"

I roll my eyes again, "Yes. Formal will be our first date."

She sighs loudly, "Its about time."

"Is there something wrong, Miss Holland?" Our teacher asks from the front of the room.

"Nope, everything is just peachy!" She quickly answers.

"Good. Then I shouldn't hear you talking."

Frankie doesn't bother to reply and all is silent, except for in my mind. My thoughts rage on as I try to process everything.

I had asked Cash to formal...and he said yes! I'm going on a date with Cash Williams!

My thoughts stop as I realize that the dance is on Saturday, less then a week away and I have nothing to wear.

Taking out my phone, I glance at the time a realize that class is just about done. Smiling, I quickly type out a text to my mom, explaining my problem.

"Alright class!" The teacher announces just as the bell rings.

I gather my stuff and barely hear the rest of what the teacher says as the room fills with chairs scraping, bags zipping and talk.

"So," Frankie grabs my arm before I can escape, "You and Cash?"

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I answer, "We're going to the dance together. There is nothing to tell otherwise."

"But there has got to be a reason! I mean, why not just go with the rest of us like we had planned?"

I sigh, not knowing how to explain this, "Because we just didn't want to. We want to go to formal together and that's that."

Realizing she wasn't going to get anywhere, Frankie sighs loudly, "You guys are literally so boring."

I stifle a laugh, "I'll see you later. I've got to get to class."

"Right! Your next class is with Cash, isn't it?"

"Later Frankie!" I turn and wave.

I laugh to myself as I make my way to class.

"What's so funny?" Cash asks, walking next to me.

I stop, "Where'd you come from?"

"My last class is just a few doors down from yours."

"Why didn't I know that before?" I ask, wondering why he'd never walked me to class before.

"Because you never asked."

"But I never saw you walking to class."

"We'd never leave class at the same time. I've seen you walk to class but you were way ahead of me or I'd get out earlier than you."

"But today it just happened to work out?" I ask, skeptical.

"No." Cash stops walking, forcing me to stop as well and turn to look at him, "Today I waited for you."