~ Chapter 24 ~

Friday (still)

Frankie and I talk for a little about random small things, watching the party before us.

"Hey." Cash walks up and stands in front of me, an easy smile stretched across his lips.

"Hey." I smile back, ignoring the way Frankie's smirk grew.

"You want something to drink?" He asks.

I nod, "Sure. I'll go with you." I move to hop off the tailgate but he takes a step forward and reaches out his hand.

Without a second thought, I place my hand in his and he helps me jump off. Once my feet meet the ground, he wraps his hand around mine, causing the butterflies to flutter around in my stomach.

He leads me through the crowd, stopping every so often to greet someone.

Lots of people know Cash and greeted him, happy to see him. I would definitely say he is popular and the cool thing is that he isn't popular because he plays sports, he is popular for who he is, for his personality.

We finally reached an area where a couple tables are set up with drinks covering them. Cash motions to them, "What do you want?"

I scan the drinks but nothing calls out to me.

"Is there anything without alcohol?" I ask.

He gives me a funny look before leading me over to an ice chest. Opening it up, there are sodas and waters.

"What'll it be ma'lady?" He asks, with a teasing smile.

I laugh, "I'll have a 7up."

Letting go of my hand, he leans over and grabs a 7up for me and a Coke for himself.

"Your 7up." He bows slightly as he hands me the can of soda.

"Stop it." I laugh.

"Why did he call you Princess?" Cash asks me, causing my laughter to die.

I don't need to ask who he was talking about.

Looking out at the people dancing, I think of the best way to answer his question.

The short answer to that, he calls me princess because my dad does. To my dad, im his princess." I shrug, laughing lightly.

"What's the long answer?"

"The first time Pat heard my dad call me that, he laughed. He thought it was funny that I was so spoiled that my dad even called me his princess. So he would tease me with it until it finally stuck." I finish my story, hopping Cash wouldn't question the reason why my dad calls me 'princess'.

I look up at him and see him nod. When he doesn't say anything else, I look out to the party again.

I spot Patrick and Sue Ellen among the crowd dancing, both with a smile.

I smile, thankful that they are both having fun.

"Wanna go sit down?" Cash asks.

"Sure." I respond, causing him to take my hand again and lead me towards his truck. We are further away from the party scene than the other trucks, causing it to be slightly colder and quieter.

I shiver as a breeze picks up and easily cuts through my knitted sweater.

Arriving at his truck, we stop and I let go of his hand to hop onto the tailgate.

"Here, let me help you." Cash offers as he sets down his drink.

Coming closer to me, he puts his hands on my waist, causing warmth to shoot through me.