~ Chapter 7 ~

This is a picture of the Brown's new house...pretty awesome isn't it?

*********

A smile stretches across my face as I dream about Patrick's arm around my waist. I turn in his arms to cuddle up to him and feel his arm tighten around my waist.

Suddenly, the whole room shakes.

My eyes shoot open and it takes me a minute to realize I am not in a room, I'm on a plane.

Patrick isn't with me, he's in New York, along with my friends.

And me? Im on my way to hell. 

"I would like to apologize, we are experiencing some unexpected turbulence." The captain's voice comes over the speakers. "We have started to descend and will be arriving in thirty minutes. It is sunny and 78 degrees Fahrenheit in Eatonton."

I cringe at his reminder of where we will be arriving. Thoughts of my friends and everything I left in Dobbs starts to flood my mind, causing tears to spring into my eyes.

Shaking my head, I get up to find R2.

I will not cry again. I tell myself again. You have to be strong. For your parents. Be strong for them. They are doing what is best for you.

My thoughts stop as R2 barks and runs towards me. I squat down and pick him up. "Hey R2. How was your trip?" I coo as I stand to walk back to my seat. "You ready to see your new home? Mom and Dad promised there was a huge yard for you to play in."

A bout of turbulence knocks me into my seat and I decide I should buckle up.

R2 nibbles on my hand and I think about my parent's promise for a huge yard.

They hadn't told me much about the new house besides that it had a huge yard and R2 and I would love it.

"We don't really have a choice but to love it, right?" I squish his face as I talk to him. "As long as my R2 is happy, I'll be happy. Isn't that right boy?" I tell him, trying to convince myself more than anything. "Are you happy?" I ask, earning a bark from him.

I smile.

I may have lost my friends, my home, my school, but at least I still have my dog and my car.

"Hi Sweetie." Mom smiles, sitting next to me.

Oh and my parents, I still have them. Even though this was all their fault.

"Hi." I force a smile.

I note the gray hairs beginning to show along her hair line and force my face to stay neutral. I had never seen mom with gray hair. Ever. She always catches it before. It's not till now that I begin to realize that this move has not only been rough on me, but it must be rough on my parents as well, especially mom.

"How are you?" She asks, making small talk.

I nod, "I've been better but I'm okay. How about you?"

Mom sighs, "The move has been hard. I'm glad we have movers that will have our things set up and moved in and that we were able to buy most of the furniture with the house."

More furniture? I think to myself, shocked. This house must be bigger than our old one! Wow.

"I agree. I couldn't imagine doing all this ourselves." I add.

"Yes, it would've been too much." I watch as she closes her eyes. I study her face and see the tiredness in it.

My parents and I aren't close but we aren't a distant family either. For a while we tried having dinner together but that didn't work out with Dad's ever changing schedule and my school stuff.