~ Chapter 31 ~

"Come on, Liberty! Let's go dance!" Frankie hops off the tailgate along with Sue and Rachel.

We had been sitting on the tailgate, talking and laughing with the guys not too far away. Every once in a while, the girls would hop down and dance to a song or two, inviting me to join. I would smile, shake my head and watch them dance and this time was no different.

"No, I'll watch you guys. Dancing isn't really my thing." I cross my feet, swinging my legs.

"That's what you've been saying! Just dance with us, no one is going to judge." Sue Ellen grabs my hand, pulling slightly.

"I'm fine right here. I enjoy -- " I pause, getting caught off by a familiar guitar riff. Looking down at the girls, I smile, "You know what, maybe I will join you."

They cheer just as the artist starts singing the familiar words to the song Cash had showed me on our way here.

I watch as they immediately find the rhythm and their bodies start moving to the beat. I try and match them but can't seem to get the hang of it.

When the chorus hits, Sue says into my ear, "Just let go. Feel the music. Don't worry about anything else."
She backs away slightly, singing along with the music and laughing, enjoying herself to the max.

Taking a deep breath, I listen to the words, laughing at the coincidence that this phrase would be sang right now that I'm trying to dance.

Oh, girl, look at you
Legs and your hips
Live old Moonlyn
When that song hits
Damn, you turnin' loose

I feel the beat of the song and my hips find the rhythm as the chorus ends. Looking up, Sue cheers, dancing towards me. I match the sway of her hips, causing both of us to laugh. Meeting my eyes again, she throws her head to the left, motioning for me to look that way.

I do and my gaze meets Cash's. A smirk crosses my lips as I take in his wide eyes and slightly open mouth.

Listening to the words again, my smirk grows.

It's like there's something in the air
That turns you wild when a country song
Is way up loud and the sun goes down
Right about then, you lock eyes on me
You got me where you want me, where I wanna be

Just then, Cash's eyes drift back up to mine and I meet his gaze. I give him a wink before completely letting go and letting the music guide me, the chorus ringing through the night air.

Frankie comes over grabbing my hand, twirling me. I laugh and twirl her as well, swaying our hips to the music.

The singer's voice drops, the music quieting down as he sings the bridge. Sue comes over and whips Frankie away, disappearing into the crowd.

I stop dancing, staring after them, confused.

"I thought they'd never leave." Someone says into my ear. A shiver races down my spine as I recognize the voice.

The chorus kicks up and his hands land on my waist, spinning me around.

A small gasp escapes my lips as he spins me. My gaze is immediately drawn to his green eyes as the fire casts strange shadows on his face.

His hands drop from my waist as he asks,"I thought you didn't want to live the whole song?" a small smile playing at his lips.

My cheeks instantly heat up and I look down at my boots, "I changed my mind."

"What made you do that?" Cash asks.

I push some dirt around with the toe of my boot, "I'm entitled to change my mind if I want to."