~ Chapter 8 ~

Sunlight streams through the window, shining upon the mountains of boxes lining my room. I turn away from the window and make a face at my ceiling.

I've been lying her for a while with no motivation of getting up.

"Liberty Claire!"

A shout rings through the house, causing me to sit up.

"Crap, what did I do now?" I mumble to myself.

Just as I'm about to crawl out of bed, R2 comes leaping into my room, barking. He bounds onto my bed as my mom throws open my door.

"Liberty! Teach that dog some manners!" She grinds out, trying to keep her temper under control.

I bite my lip at the sight of her. She's wearing fitted jeans and a nice shirt which once was tucked in but now is partially hanging out. Her hair is falling out of her bun and she only has one shoe on.

"What do you mean?" I ask, chocking back a laugh.

She points at her perfectly pedicured foot, "He stole my other shoe!"

I turn to my dog which is sitting on my bed with his tongue hanging out. I could swear he is laughing.

"Is that true, R2?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, whining.

I laugh and look at my mom who is holding back a laugh.

"Stupid animal is lying!" She laughs, "What am I saying?"

Laughing, I turn back to R2, "Where's the shoe?"

He whimpers but hops off the bed.

Mom and I follow him and find the shoe behind the couch in the living room.

I pick it up and laugh as I hand it to my mom.

She stares at it in disgust, "Seriously?" She looks down at R2 who barks at her.

The toe of the shoe is covered in slobber and the sole has teeth marks.

Mom grabs it between two fingers and begins walking to the kitchen, "Buy that dog some toys! And me a new pair of shoes."

I look down at R2 and laugh. "Come on. Let's go unpack."

Grabbing an apple, I walk back up to my room and spend the rest of the day unpacking.

As the sun begins to set, I stand in the doorway of my room and sigh.

The room is starting to feel a lot more like home.

The wall behind my bed is covered in lights and pictures of my friends from over the years. My stuffed animals and pillows are piled on my bed. I walk into the bathroom and scanned over the cabinets and drawers that hold all my makeup and other stuff.

Walking into the closet, I make a face. I notice the empty spaces on the hanging racks, the empty places for shoes and the empty drawers.

I am so used to having everything full of clothes but when we moved, I got rid of many clothes that seeing the emptiness, reminds me of the move.

I know it's stupid but it hurts.

A knock sounds at the door, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I call out.

The door opens and my dad walks in. He looks around, "It looks good in here."

I smile, "Thanks."

He looks back at me, "I just came to let you know that your car is here."

My smile grows, "Really?"