~ Bonus Chapter 2 ~

"Can we please do something." Rhett complains as he hangs upside down from the couch.

"Like what?" Sue asks, not even bothering to open her eyes as she laid on the floor.

"Let's go to Lib's house and go swimming." Rhett suggests, not a hint of enthusiasm in his voice.

"Can't." I set down my book, "My parent's are having a dinner party."

"So that's why we're here instead of there." Frankie sits up,  leaning against the couch next to Rhett's head.

"What's wrong with being here?" Cash comes into the room, bags of chips in each hand.

"There's nothing to do." Rhett says, not even bothering to sit up.

"Read a book." I tell him, opening my book back up.

The silence tells me he is probably glaring at me and I can't help but smile.

"Damn. I miss hunting season." Sterling sighs, walking into the room.

I look up and find him staring at his phone.

"That's it!" Rhett sits up.

Everyone shares a look and I can't help but feel like I'm missing something.

"Sterling, Sue and Frankie, you go set up the equipment," Cash leaps off the couch, "Rhett come with me and Lib to get the guns."

My heart leaps at the last word.

"G-guns?" I stammer, glued to my seat.

All eyes land on me but Cash nods at them and they disappear downstairs.

"I'm sorry." I mutter, pulling me knees up to my chest. 

"Why are you apologizing?" Cash sits down in front of me.

Keeping my eyes on my lap, I reply, "I've never held a gun, or even seen one."

Cash doesn't say anything.

I look up and find understanding in his eyes.

"You don't have to come out with us if you don't feel comfortable. Sterling was in the same place as you a few years ago but we taught him how to handle a gun safely. Now, he's just a good of a shot as any of us."

I turn his words over and over in my mind. They had been handling guns ever since they could do it safely. They knew what they were doing and I would be safe.

Meeting his eyes, I smile, "Let's go."

He returns my smile and stands up, helping me up.

Interlacing our fingers, he leads me down to the basement.

Rhett walks in from outside, "Sterling and the girls are heading out to the field to set everything up."

"Great." Cash lets go of my hand and walks over to a giant safe pushed up against the far wall.

Punching in a code, he swings open the door, revealing all sorts of guns.

I swallow hard.

Cash grabs two small storage containers from the floor of the safe and sets them down next to it.

He the picks up a gun, checks it before handing over to Rhett. He does the same with a second gun.

Turning to walk out of the room, Rhett shoots me an easy smile. His smile prompts me to relax, showing me that he is comfortable with what he is doing, and I smile back.

"Are you okay?" Cash walks over.

I nod, "I'm fine."

He gives me a look, "Promise to let me know if at any moment you feel uncomfortable."