~ Chapter 39 ~

The flight to New York was smooth and quick. Before I had even time to drift off into dream land, the pilot announced that we would be landing soon.

As soon as the announcement was made, Sue and Frankie had their faces plastered to the window, dying to catch a glimpse of anything New York.

I smile at them and join them in looking out the window. After we cut through some clouds, the city that never sleeps comes into view and my heart starts racing.

There it is, New York. I smile as the amazed gasps of the girls fill the plane.

As soon as we land, I fear for what the rest of the day may be like. Frankie and Sue won't stop quietly squealing or giggling. I think they might explode of excitement.

Stepping out of the plane, I practically shove Sue and Frankie towards the small limo waiting for us.

"We're riding in a limo?" Sue gasps as the driver opens the door for us.

"It's the best way to travel comfortablly with this amount of people. Now move or we wont get anything done." I shove them.

"Come along, girls!" My mom calls out, "It's getting late."

The girls finally get the message and their feet move to the limo and they climb on in.

We take off to the city as the girls 'oh' and 'ah' at pretty much everything in the limo. As we get closer to the city, I scoot over and point out landmarks and famous buildings.

The girls look as if they are in a tennis match, their heads whipping from one thing to the next. I shake my head at the sight, smiling at their excitement.

I watch the passing buildings, the other cars and the people as we drive through the city. A feeling of nostalgia washes over me and I let it dwell, taking a moment to savor the past and remember.

As the car comes to a halt, I push aside the thoughts of the past and focus on the present. My home is in Georgia now; that's where my family is, that's where my friends are, that's where my heart belongs.

"Alright girls," Mom scoots towards the door, "This is our first stop. I've notified the shop what we are looking for and they have prepared for us. If nothing catches your eye, say so and we'll move on. We don't have much time so we must use it wisely."

The driver opens the door and I step out into the cool, New York air. Taking a deep breath, I find myself wanting to cough; my lungs begging for fresh air.

"This is so amazing!" Sue breathes as she stands next to me.

Frankie spins, taking it all in, "This is more than I ever imagined."

I look around, trying to see what they see but all I see are buildings, too many signs and too many people.

"Let's go." My mom gets out of the car and immediately goes into the building.

We all look at each other before going after her.

Entering the store was like entering another world from the one outside. The light walls and bright lights made the hundreds of dresses on display look like pieces of art.

Frankie and Sue stood at the door, taking it all in as I walked over to my mom who was talking with who I assume to be an employee.

"From the information you told us over the phone, we have set aside a few dresses for the girls to look at." The lady told my mom.

My mom nods, "Bring them out, please."

"Right away." The lady quickly leaves.

"Frankie." Mom turns to her. Frankie's wide eyes instantly turn to us. "I'm sure your mom told you but I talked to her and if you see anything you like, let me know."