~ Chapter 14 ~

"I'd like to thank whoever invented lunch." Sue Ellen sighs, sitting down. "They're my hero."

I roll my eyes as I set my tray down. I'm really not in the mood for lunch. Or today. Or anything for that matter. I really just want to go home, get out of this uniform and never put it on again.

"No one invented lunch, Sue Ellen." Cash replies.

Sue Ellen shakes her head, "Listen, I read an article on this the other day."

I put my head on the table and fight the urge to bang it against the table. This day is barely half over and I am so drained. I need another coffee. I need to be alone, in my bed, curled up in a ball and eating ice cream.

"Hey Liberty."

Resisting a groan, I look up to find Rachel and a few other cheerleaders standing next to our table.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"We were wondering if you'd like to come sit with us." Rachel points over to the tables where the football players and cheerleaders were, the only ones missing being Sterling and I. I notice the noise level being a few notches higher and I just couldn't stand it right now, I could barely stand this table.

"Thank you for the offer but I'm good right here for now." I look to my friends at the table who had stopped their conversations when Rachel came up. When my eyes fall upon Sterling, an idea pops into my mind.

I turn to Rachel before she could walk away, "But! I bet if you ask Sterling, he'd love to join you." I look at Sterling and his gaze meets mine. His eyes are panicked but I urge him with my own look.

"You have to ask him to find out his answer." Cash smirks at Rachel then at Sterling.

I see her shuffle on her feet and then look at her friends, they shrug and nod. Looking at Sterling she asks, "Would you like to come sit with us?"

I notice her cheeks grow a shade pinker. My smile grows.

"Well?" I look at him. His cheeks have a slight dusting of pink as well.

"Go!" Sue Ellen demands.

Sterling finally responds, "I'd love to join you." He locks eyes with Rachel and her blush deepens.

He grabs his stuff and follows her to her table as Cash and Rhett throw wolf whistles. Sterling turns and glares at the guys, causing them to laugh and then gives me a smile. He mouths a 'thank you' and I smile and nod back.

Alright, so maybe today isn't so bad after all.

Frankie sighs, "They are so cute!"

"I agree." Sue Ellen gives a love sick smile as she watches Sterling greet some of the other players and then take a seat next to Rachel who's blush hasn't left her cheeks.

"You girls are going to make me sick." Rhett fake gags.

Sue Ellen shoots him a glare, "Just wait until you have a crush."

"I've had my shots. I'm immune to those." He smirks, causing the girls to roll their eyes.

I laugh realizing that slowly I'm getting to know my new friends better.

Sue Ellen and Frankie were both excited easily and over exaggerate everything.

Frankie is slightly more laid back than Sue Ellen but when she gets excited, you'll know it but only around her friends, she is pretty quiet otherwise. She doesn't pay much attention to boys but they certainly pay attention to her but she doesn't notice. Frankie is an only child and loves to draw, she is always doodling in class.