~ Chapter 26~

Four brothers. I could barely handle Justin and Patrick who were like my brothers and they are the same age as me. I can't imagine four that are younger than me!

As I was still trying to wrap my head around this idea, three smiling faces appear, two of which have brown curls like Cash and one with short, dirty blonde hair.

The two with the curls are the younger of the three and they immediately come over and stand in front of me.

"Hi!" They say, simultaneously and smile, showing their lack of teeth.

Looking down, I return their smile, "Hey!"

"You're pretty. Are you Cash's girlfriend?" They both ask at they same time.

Surprised at their bluntness, I laugh, "Thank you and no, I'm just his friend."

"But," The third boy with dirty blonde hair walks up, "You're a girl and you're his friend so technically --"

"Technically nothing." Cash walks up. "Go wash your hands." He says giving them a light shove when they complain.

When they are on their way he turns back to me, "Sorry about that. They tend to embarrass people."

"Don't apologize," I laugh slightly, "They're adorable."

"They can be, when they mind and when they don't talk." He glares playfully in the direction in which they disappeared.

"Lunch is set! Come and get it!" Cash's mom announces.

"Come on." Cash says as he leads me to the kitchen island where there are several bowls with different things scattered on the counter. "I hope you like taco salad." Cash says as I look at everything.

"Never had it." I say.

"Really?" He asks, shock evident in his voice.

I nod, "Educate me in the taco salad ways." I immediately cringe. "Forget I said that."

Cash laughs, "You just grab a bowl, put some greens and some meat and then whatever else you want is optional. Then when you're done, add tortilla chips and dressing."

"You go first." I say, shoving a bowl into his hands.

I watch him make his bowl and follow suit, adding some extra stuff and leaving some out. Once we all have our food, we sit at the table and eat.

Conversation between the four boys flies by me but it didn't feel wrong. I felt fine standing on the sidelines and watching them talk.

I noticed the way that Jett's face would light up at the mention of any sport and he'd immediately jump into the conversation and the way that the two younger boys, Til and Tate who are twins, would laugh at almost any joke Cash made, no matter how awful. The way that Bo, the blonde boy, would try and act calm and smart but the second anyone mentioned outer space, he was a ball of energy and conversation. Finally, the way that Cash's mom, Betty, would sit back and watch her boys with a smile that never left her face and a look that could only be described as love.

"Alright boys, I think y'all have talked enough." Betty interrupts, turning to me. "Now it's mine and Liberty's turn."

All eyes turn to me and I know my cheeks are bright pink. I know what is coming and I dread this part most of all.

"There's no use fighting it." Cash mutters from across the table. I give him a look before Betty talks again.

"Where are you from, Liberty?" She asks.

Alright then. I think before answering, "I'm from New York but my dad was born and raised in Eatonton."

"Southern girl by heart but Yankee by birth." She smiles.