~ Chapter 21 ~

"I don't think I told you but I really had a great time last night." Cash begins as we walk down the hall.

"I'm glad you did. It seemed like everyone had fun." I say, pretty positive he is talking about dinner and boating.

Suddenly, Cash stops walking. I stop as well, having to turn around to see him since he is a few steps behind me.

"Cash. Is something wrong?" I ask.

He looks up from staring at his shoes.

When his eyes meet mine, I find myself searching his eyes, trying to read what is going through his mind.

"I wasn't really talking about that part." Cash answers.

I tilt my head to the side, trying to figure out what he meant.

My eyes grow wide and I look down at my shoes, realizing what he means. "Oh." Is all I can say.

Chewing on my lip, I lift my head up to find him studying me, "Well, I'm glad you liked the movie." I choke out, "Even if you had seen it before." I tease.

He laughs slightly before finding my eyes again, "I meant, I had fun hanging out with you and watching the movie with you."

"You did?" I whisper.

He nods, "And it made me think back to a few days ago when we talked on the phone --" His voice fades off, almost as if he was wondering if I even remembered that instance.

I add to his sentence, confirming that I knew what he was talking about, "The day I wasn't answering anyone so you decided to call."

He gives a small laugh, looking around him, "Yeah that day. Come on, the bell is going to ring soon."

He walks off, leaving me curious as to why he brought our phone call up.

"What's that phone call have to do with this?" I ask, catching up to him.

Reaching my class, he stops and turns to me but not meeting my eyes, "In the phone call I mentioned about how my family owns a ranch and you mentioned how you'd be interesting in seeing it since you lived in the south now and you felt like you should see a ranch and since my family owns one--"

I listen to his little ramble and hear him fade out as he realizes he is rambling. I smile and place my hand on his arm to get his attention.

When his eyes meet mine, they are clouded with all kinds of emotions.

"I remember that conversation. What did you want to ask me?" I urge him on.

He gives me a small smile, "I was wondering if you'd like to come over sometime this weekend and I could show you around our ranch."

"I'd love to." I answer without hesitation and watch his smile grow.

"Really?" He asks.

I nod as the bell rings. "I already told you I would! We'll talk more at lunch."

"Okay, see you!"

I step into class and instantly feel Frankie's gaze on me. I ignore her and sit down in my seat.

"So," She drawls out.

I turn to her, deciding to not prolong this any longer. "Hey Frankie."

"I saw you and Cash walking to class together." Her smirk grows.

I nod, "We walked to class together."

"So Sterling's plan did work!" She smiles, her eyes lighting up.