~ Chapter 3 ~

Wednesday

People lunge out of my way as I walk to my next class, glaring at everything in my sight.

It's only Wednesday and I am already way to done with this week. The fact that my bad mood isn't my parent's fault, only makes my mood worse.

They have been acting completely normal. All the while, my conversation with Abi keeps replaying in my mind.

Could it be that they knew? I mean, if her parents knew then mine must know as well. I bet they did know. They were just waiting for me to make a wrong move so that they can...

"Liberty!"

"What?" I exclaim, jumping.

Laughter ripples around the table.

"We've been calling you for the past five minutes. Are you okay?" Michelle asks.

I sigh and put my head on the table. "No. I swear I'm gonna loose my mind."

"Tell us about it." Patrick says.

I turn my head to look at him and find myself staring right at him, his head on the table right next to mine. His long dirty blonde hair scattered around his head on the table making it look like a halo.

Smiling, I stand up. "Lets go outside. Its too loud in here."

Abi groans, "I hate walking." but she grabs her lunch and heads for the doors anyways. 

The rest of our table moves to follow us but Patrick tells them to stay. They give us curious looks but continue their conversations.

We walk out to the quad where it is much quieter and I find myself taking a deep breath, relaxing.

Patrick makes his way to a big oak tree and sits down, leaning against it. He motions for us to sit down. Patting the ground in front of him, he looks at me. Not really in the mood to argue, I sit and lean against him.

Michelle gives me a look and I glare her down. Despite what they may think, Patrick and I still aren't a couple. We have become closer and have agreed to just be good friends.

We all just bask in the silence for a while before Abi breaks it.

"Okay, I love this just as much as you guys but lunch is almost over, what's up Lib?"

I reluctantly open my eyes and sigh, "My parents."

Abi gasps, "Did they..."

I cut her off, "No! And that's the problem, they are acting normal! They even bought me a puppy!" I lean forward, putting my face in my hands.

"Just because they are acting normal doesn't mean anything. I'd say that's a good thing." Justin reasons.

I look up, "But Abi -"

Abi shakes her head, "Forget what I said. Your parents are very different from mine so it's a good possibility that they don't know."

"I know what you need." Patrick says.

"What?" I turn to look at him.

"You need to get out of the house. You're driving yourself up the wall for no reason. You need a distraction."

I nod, "Okay. So what's the plan?"

"Let's hang out at my house. Bring your new fur baby and we can hang out and maybe even heat up the pool."

"I am so down!" Abi claps. "I've been wanting to meet that little cutie of yours!"

I laugh at her, "Sounds like just what I need."