~ Chapter 32 ~

Monday

"Hello?" I clear my throat, my voice still groggy from sleep.

"Liberty! Hey! Sorry if I woke you up but I didn't know who else to call."

I sit up, rubbing my eyes, "It's okay, Sterling. What's up?"

"Formal is in two weeks and tickets go on sale today and so I want to ask Rachel to formal but I don't how to or when..." He pauses.

I smile, knowing why he called.

"So you need my help?" I ask.

I hear him sigh, "Please?"

My smile grows, I bounce up onto my knees, excited, "Of course! I'd love to help! I'll try and arrive early to school and we'll brainstorm ideas."

"Okay! I'll text you when I get there. Thanks so much, Lib!"

"No problem, Sterling. I'll see you in a little."

We hang up and I leap out of bed, excited to be able to help Sterling, ideas running through my head.

Quickly showering, I get out and blow dry my hair and apply a very light layer of makeup, trying to save on time.

Going over to my closet, I pick up the outfit I had already chosen. I slip into my new jeans, the flare at the bottom feeling weird but the rest of the pant hugging my legs just right. I pull on a gray Nike hoodie and my boots, finishing off with my new belt.

Grabbing my cheer bag and backpack, I head downstairs.

"Good morning! You're down early." Mom greets me.

I smile, "Morning! Sterling needs my help so I'm going early."

She hands me my breakfast and I quickly finish it, thanking mom and heading out the door.

I arrive to school just as Sterling texts me that he has also arrived. I spot his truck near the front of the lot and find a parking spot next to his.

"Your car looks so tiny next to my truck." Sterling comes around and grabs my cheer bag off my shoulder.

"Thanks. It really does but mine goes faster so."

"But mine can do dirt roads and mudding like there's no tomorrow." Sterling brags as we head into the school.

"Mudding?" I ask.

"You dont know what mudding is?" He stops, staring at me.

I raise an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms.

He rolls his eyes, "Right, sorry. Must be the outfit." He smirks, "That look looks good on you, by the way."

I look down at my outfit, rocking on my heels, "Thanks! So back to mudding, what is it?" I ask as we start walking again.

"Mudding is when you go out to a dirt field after it rains or while its raining. Then you either take your truck out there or your quad or four wheeler and ride around in the mud."

"But don't you get stuck? And dirty?" I wrinkle my nose.

"Thats the fun in it!" I shake my head, "I was a skeptic too," he continues, "until I tried it and found out what a blast it is."

"You'll never get me to try that." I cringe, twisting the lock on my locker.

Opening it up, Sterling hands me my cheer bag and I stuff it in there. After slamming my locker shut, we make our way to the library, finding a quiet corner to talk in.