Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

With that settled, I stood from the bar stool with a groan and stalked over to the refrigerator and pulled out my desired containers and popped the cold food into the microwave. I stood back, urging the timer to hurry up but my urging ceased when my cell phone started to buzz on the counter, vibrating to it's near fatal fall off the edge and I cursed, plucking the device up and glanced down at the caller id, expecting Cloud but instead it was Winnow.

Sighing, I pressed talk.

''Hey.''

''Terrance, you'll never believe what Lucas did!'' She shrieked down the line and I winced, holding the phone away from my ear.

''Jeez, way to blow my eardrum, Winnow--''

''He finally maned the hell up and asked Araki out on a date—a date, date.''

''What? I just saw Araki a few days ago for a check-up and she didn't mention anything to me.''

''That's because he just asked her last night.''

I furrowed my brows and frowned. ''Then, how did you find out so fast?''

''Araki is my girl, Terrance, she gushed to me about it,'' Winnow deadpanned, but she sounded smug and happy. ''Anyway, that's only one of the many reasons I've called you. How are you and my nephew doing?''

I smiled, my free hand moving down to caress my bump. ''He's been pretty active in result giving me gas and making me pee like I've never peed before.''

''I'd coo but what you just said was gross.''

I laughed. ''I know, but at least you don't have to deal with swollen feet and an achy back.''

''Gosh, pregnancy just sounds terrific,'' She muttered out statistically. ''Alright, with the pleasantries out of the way, are you free tonight?''

''Tonight?''

''Yeah, I'm totally gonna tail Lucas and Araki.''

''...How old are you, again?''

''Oh hush, I'm just curious—so are you up for keeping me company?''

''A much fun as that sounds, I can't--''

''Why not?''

I sighed. ''Because I'm cooking dinner for Cloud.''

''...Terrance, you can't cook worth shit. You put on a pot of water and the water all evaporated and that other time you even tried to make Sidekicks and it turned to bland mush--''

''I've gotten better.'' I argued.

Winnow snorted. ''All right, all right, just don't burn the house down and try not to poison Cloud with the meal.''

I huffed. ''Bye, Winnow.''

''Bye, bye!'' Click.

I pursed my lips, wandering back over to my laptop and opened the screen back up, pulling up google and typed in easy pasta recipes, scanning through the many results until I settled on a very simple one that even a horrid cook like myself couldn't mess up on. 

I smirked, going through the ingredients I'd need and was happy that we had everything so that would mean I wouldn't have to hassle my mother in driving me over to the grocery store due to the fact I lacked a license and a vehicle.

Startled, my phone started buzzing once again and I reached out, thinking it was Winnow again and pressed talk.

''Winnow, you just called,'' I stated, rolling my eyes and waited a few moments but got no response and I frowned, listening in closely as I heard chattering going on in the background but it was many different voices. ''Hello?'' The line went dead and I pulled my cell phone away from my ear, glancing down at the caller id but it was blocked. With my frown deepening I shrugged it off and just assumed it was the wrong number or I was accidentally butt dialed.