Lemonade

My eyes started to flutter as I opened them I realised I fell asleep in the kitchen in the most uncomfortable position. I got up and stretched my neck and my arms but they were hurting so bad because of the cramped position I was in.

I stood up and stretched my whole body before sliding across the kitchen and walking up to my room. I opened the door and face planted right into my bed curling under the blankets and closing my eyes.

Within a few minutes the door swung open revealing Ana. I groan before throwing a pillow at her and she just laughed pulling me up. "No please, I have barley had any sleep" I say and she continues.

"Aaliyah's party starts at 12pm and it's already 10am we need some breakfast then we have to get ready" she scolds me and I groan before getting out of bed.

I walked downstairs I saw Autumn sitting at the kitchen counter eating her breakfast as I sat down next her. "Coffee for you, your highness" Ana said placing the coffee in front on me before bowing making all of us giggle.

"Thank you" I say before sipping the warm soothing beverage.

"So are we team boy or girl?" Autumn asks.

"I'm team girl" I say and they both agree with me.

"Is mom going?" I ask and they exchange glances at each other.

"What?" I say and Ana sighs.

"Okay I'm not supposed to say this but of course your our sister. But mom is not going because she's mad because of you know, she also thinks it's a bad idea you're going" Ana say releasing a breath.

"She can be mad but that's unfair to them because they haven't done anything to her. But I'm going I don't care" I say and they both just shrug.

I was sat by the mirror while Ana pulled all her makeup out insisting she would style my today. I quietly sat slimed in the chair while she was getting everything out and setting up.

My phone beeped twice and I glanced over at it-

From: Shawn
Good morning. I hope you are feeling better, I'm sorry again. I really can't tell you how sorry I am. I feel so terrible and I just want to talk and fix everything well if you want to? I really miss you, but I know you need time x

I sigh before putting my phone back on the desk as both Ana and Autumn awkwardly glanced at each-other.

"Mom is getting your outfit ready" Autumn says and give her a thumbs up as Ana starts my makeup. After my makeup was done Autumn wanted me to braid her hair so she sat on the floor in front of me as I parted her hair and started braiding it.

I wondered if Shawn would be there? Am I ready to see him? What if something happens at the party? My mind was racing and then Autumn yells "OW!" and I stop, "your pulling too tight" she says.

"I'm sorry but you done now" I say and she smiles before getting up. I walked back to my room slipping into the pink dress my mom laid out for me and I wore some small black heels. I looked at the necklace in the desk and I sighed before grabbing it and putting it on.

I came out of my room going back to Ana's, she was dressed in a baby pink romper/playsuit also which Autumn had one too. "Let's take a picture before we leave" Autumn says pulling her phone out.

I stood next to Autumn as she held her phone up getting us in the frame. "Smile" she chuckles and I smile as she clicks the picture. "Now lets go we're running late" Ana says and we all rush out.
____

My mom dropped us off at Shawn's parents house which was decorated with balloons, banners, streamers, confetti all in blue and pink. There loads of people including a few of her friends but only her close ones.