Deep Conversations

"Close your eyes" Shawn says pulling me slowly out of the car. He had his hand over my eyes as he slowly guided me and obviously I'm so clumsy with my eyes open and having my eyes closed was even hard, I ended up tripping over me feet straight into ground but I was expecting the hard concrete ground but I fell on the soft grass with my eyes still closed.

"What are we going- to do with you" Shawn laughs as he lifts me up into his arms with my eyes still closed.

Then he gently let me down to stand on the ground, with one arm steadying me up. "Open your eyes" he says and as I open my eyes I see a blanket laid in the on the grass with fairy lights scattered in the floor.

"Wow its Beautiful" I say taking in the view of the sunset from the top of the hill. Shawn took my hand and led me to the blanket as we sat down.

"I love sunsets" I say quietly as we sat in silence just watching the sunset go down.

"Let me take your picture" he says pulling out his phone and I smile as he clicks taking the picture and then taking a few more of me sticking my tongue out.

"Let's take a selfie" I say grabbing my phone as he comes next to me taking my phone and pulling it up as we smiled. Then he kissed my lips with my phone in his hand clicking another picture.

"I like this one" I say saving the picture of us kissing with the sun glowing in our faces as my wallpaper. I send Shawn the picture and he saves it as his home screen wallpaper and the picture of me sticking my tongue out as the lock screen wallpaper making me laugh.

Shawn lays down on the blanket behind me before I lay down next to him, staring up at the orange sky.

"You know it's been almost three months since we got married" he says and I just realised it has been almost three months, time has flown so fast over these month with Shawn and I loved spending every bit of it with him.

"Time has gone so fast" I say and he nods as we both just stare into each others eyes, his eyes were mesmerising, I could stare into them forever. Right now we were the only people in this quiet place together.

"What is your dream in life?" He asks me and I take time to think before answering.

"I had a dream like most people to study, graduate, get a job, get married and have kids but all over that was destroyed so quickly that I don't dream anymore I just taking every day as it comes" I say quietly holding back my tears by giving him a sad smile.

He is quiet for a minute before pulling me close towards him as I rested my head in his chest. "Just because you think your dream is destroyed it doesn't mean that you can't dream again" he says and I shrug.

"What are your dreams in life?" I ask him as his hand rubs my back slowly.

"To be happy and content" he says with a sigh.

"Maybe I should have said something like that" I say with a quiet chuckle into his chest.

"Do you think without losing certain people our lives would be different?" He says and I sigh immediately thinking of my Nana.

"Maybe. I know my life would be different" I say with sight and he wraps his arms tighter.

"How?" He asks.
"Well if I didn't loose my Nana then I wouldn't have gone into depression and missed loads of school and I would have been happy. But the cancer I still would have gotten" I say with a crack in my voice and he remains quiet just kissing the top of my head.

"Maybe mine would have bee different too" he says quietly and I look up at him.

"How?" I ask him and he takes a deep breath before answering.