Adjusting

The sunlight hit the room instantly brightening the room I rubbed my eyes before opening them. I immediately realised I wasn't in my room I turn my face to look behind me and Shawn was fast asleep with his back facing me.

We weren't going on a honeymoon because Shawn had work and I didn't really mind.

It would be very awkward if we did go on a honeymoon.

I slowly crept out of the room making less noise as possible. I went straight to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I then went into the kitchen and decided to make breakfast for me and Shawn. I searched all the cabinets to find the stuff I needed after almost twenty minutes I found everything, I realised adjusting would be hard because I would have to know Shawn's schedule before I could have my own schedule.

I made some pancakes and then cut up a banana and throwing a few pieces on top and drizzling it in syrup. I heard the shower running indicating that he has his showers in the morning so I would have to have it after him.

I ate my breakfast and left Shawn's plate on counter for him and I went to the living room sitting down on the couch. He came out of our room dressed in a grey suit with folders in his hands, he placed the folders on the coffee table before sitting down to tie his shoe laces.

"Good Morning" I say and he looks at me and I smile at him before he ties his other shoe.

"I made you some breakfast" I say and his head shoots up at me but doesn't say anything. He walks into his office and comes out with black satchel bag putting the folders from the table into the bag and then grabs his keys and leaves. He didn't say anything or even eat his breakfast but just left.

Rude.

I sigh before walking into the room grabbing a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt also grabbing my undergarments and heading into the shower.
-

After having my shower and getting ready for the day I decided to unpack all my cases and start organising my stuff since I'll be living here now. The wardrobe was huge enough space for my stuff.

One side was Shawn's which I hung up all his suits, jackets and hoodies on there. The other side I hung up all my outfits. Then there was a shelf underneath where Shawn had all of his shoes lined up and I placed mine underneath too.

Then against the other wall was a chest of drawers. There were six drawers on each side which was more than enough space. I organised all of the drawers one side for all of Shawn's stuff and my stuff.

After organising the room and cleaning up I felt happy that all my stuff was organised and now the room looked a little bit more better.

It was 1pm lunch time so I decided to make some lunch for Shawn and drop it off to him at work. I made his lunch and put it into a brown paper one before I decided to change my outfit again but into something more cute.

I changed into a white romper/playsuit which had sunflowers on it. I braided my hair and put on very light makeup before spraying perfume and putting on some small nude heels.

I grabbed my phone and got Aaliyah to text me the address of where he exactly worked which I found out he owned his own music company. I grabbed the lunch off the table before grabbing my purse and heading out of the door. I also had the spare key with me so I could get back in.
-

I walked in the sunshine to the building where he worked and I also spoke to my parents on the phone while walking.

Once I got outside the building it was huge and beautiful. I walked inside and immediately was greeted by a middle aged man.

"Hello Mrs Mendes, welcome I'm Andrew and this is Amy" he says shaking my hand and then I shook hands with the receptionist.

"I'll take you up to Mr Mendes' office" she says and I smile following her. I was surprised that they knew who I was but then again they probably attended the wedding.

Amy was a really nice girl and I enjoyed talking to her while we in the elevator. It was a huge building but all simple inside everything was white but it was elegant.

She knocked on the door and then opened it letting me walk into the huge office. She waved before leaving and I slowly walked over to his desk where he was writing stuff down.

He looked at me and his expression showed he was shocked seeing me standing there, I smiled before placing the paper bag on the desk.

"I made you some lunch" I say as he takes it in his hand before standing up. He walks over to the bin and drops it in there and my eyes widen and I feel slightly hurt that he threw it in the bin.

"I eat lunch out, I don't need you to bring me lunch" he says as he carries on typing on the computer.

Ouch. That was so rude.

I took a deep breath before walking to the door and leaving the office.
-

I returned back home disappointed I took my shoes off and dumped my purse on the floor in the corner of the room.

I don't care whether Shawn actually wants this to work or not but I'm not going to give up. I'm going to try and make this work for the both of us.

I went and grabbed all of my art stuff and decided to go and sit outside on the balcony. But before that I made myself a cup of lemonade taking in out either me. There were two chairs and a table, I placed all my stuff on the table.

I don't know how many hours passed but it was getting dark so I came inside and out all my art stuff away before making some dinner.

Shawn didn't have much but I managed to make some pasta. It was 8pm and I had ate my bowl of pasta and I cleaned the kitchen up before changing into my pjs.

I got a blanket and curled on the couch before putting a movie on Netflix. I laid on the couch watching the film and also messaging in the group chat.

Ana: Hey

Me: how was school?

Ana: as usual- shit

Autumn: well I enjoyed my literature class today

Me: that's nice Autumn

Lana: Ana is literally my mood

Ana: she only likes Literature because the teacher is hot

Emily: check Autumn out going for the older guys

Stella: Damn and I thought you were innocent

Autumn: Shut Up! It's not like that

Brielle: ahahah

Emily: how's the husband treating ya ;)

Me: ugh

Lana: not good in the bedroom ;(

Me: LANA!

Lana: just saying

Me: I'm adjusting but it's hard :(

Brielle: I know but I promise it will get better <3

I hear the door open and Shawn comes in but goes straight into his office slamming the door making me jump.

I turn the tv off and fold the blanket before knocking on the office door. He yanks the door open and yells "What?" making me take a few steps back.

"Y-your dinner is in the kitchen" I say as I look into his dark angry eyes. I gulp before taking myself to the room and jumping into the bed. I scrolled through my phone before switching the light off.

I wandered when he was going to come to bed or why he was so angry. I could he his footsteps pacing around the apartment, he seemed really mad. I shook my head curled into the blanket falling asleep...