Celebration Dinner

It was 6pm and I just finished getting dressed in a baby pink body-con dress and some black heels. I left my hair out and did my makeup really light and simple.

I called a cab to come and pick me up as Shawn still hadn't come yet but I honestly had no hope of him coming anyway.

After a thirty minute cab ride I made it to my parents house I stood outside and rang the bell before being welcomed by my mom in a tight hug.

I walked inside and Oliver ran straight up to me giving me tight hug and kissing my cheek. Then Ana and Autumn both followed behind sandwiching me in the middle.

"Where's Shawn?" My Dad asks as I go to hug him.

"Well he said he was going to a meeting and would be back in time for dinner but I don't know"  I say and my dad pats my shoulder.

"Anyway while I get dinner ready you can relax" my mom says and immediately Ana and Autumn drag me upstairs.

I'm back in my old empty room I kick off my heels before immediately jump onto my bed with Ana and Autumn following behind. "So how have you been?" Ana asks

"I've been alright actually except I got into a fight well let's say heated argument with him yesterday but we're alright now" I say and they both grin

"What? Why do you both have that smile on your face?" I ask them and they burst into laughter.

"What else happened?" Ana asks with a smirk on her face and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing" I say but I could feel myself blushing making it seem like something happened even though it didn't.

"Your blushing!" Autumn yells and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Stop! Nothing happened give me a break" I yell as I jump off my bed.

"You're lying" Autumn says.

"I'm not" I say trying to cover my cheeks and I slowly crept out of my room.

"Get her" I hear Ana yell as I start running down the hall I could hear footsteps behind me.

I run down the steps and make my way into the living room and as I look back I see Ana's face and her getting closer I don't even look ahead before crashing into the wall immediately falling to the ground hitting my head.

"Owww" I yell in pain and all I see is Ana's face and Shawn's face above my face.

How hard did I hit my head? I can see Shawn but he's not there.

"Get some ice Autumn" he says, oh he is actually here.

"It's Ana" she huffs.

"Sorry Ana" he says and she rolls her eyes before running off.

Shawn helps me up and practically lifts me up in his arms and carries my to the living room sending my whole body in shivers as he sets me down on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him rubbing my head

"I told you I'll be here for dinner" he replies and then
Ana comes back with a pack of ice and my mom right behind her.

Shawn puts the ice pack on the back of my head,
"What happened Serenity?" My mom says and a chuckle leaves my lips.

"Well Ana was chasing me and I didn't look before hitting into the wall and hitting my head" I say and my mom shakes her head.

"What are we going to do with you" she chuckles.

Then Oliver comes over to me before crawling into my lap as I wrap my arms around him.

"Hello Oliver" Shawn say poking Oliver's cheek and Oliver shyly looks away.

"Say hi to Shawn" I say to him and Oliver shakes his head.

"He won't bite" I say to him.

"I might" Shawn says and Oliver's eyes widen.

"Shawn!" I exclaim and he laughs.

"I'm kidding I won't bite Oliver, but I might bite you" he says and I feel my cheeks heating as I bite my lip.

Why was he acting playful? And seemed very relaxed.

"Shawn" I yell and then I hear laughter erupting and Ana and Autumn standing there with smirks on their face and I roll my eyes.

"Again, I'm kidding" he says putting his hands up in surrender.

After cooling my head with an ice pack it was time to eat. We all sat down at the table and I sat next to Shawn and Oliver sat on my left.

"So how has work been Shawn?" My Dad asked.

"Very busy" he replies.

"Even over at our place, it's been crazy. Some of our investors haven't been cooperating very well" my dad says and Shawn nods.

As their discussion about work goes on my mom, me and my sisters start clearing the table. "Whats for dessert?" I ask my mom and she pulls out a home-made raspberry cheeks cake and my eyes light up.

"My favourite" I say with a grin as she places it on a tray and hands me the plates to carry.

"I made it because you got the job, I'm so proud of you" my mom says placing a kiss on my cheek. Which reminds me that I never got a chance to tell Shawn about my job.

We walk back to the dining room as my mom places the cake in the middle of the table. She cuts a slice and gives everyone a slice.

"We are very proud of your Serenity on getting that job" my dad says with a smile and I smile back at him before looking at Shawn who clearly was confused.

"This is delicious Mrs Rivers" Shawn says and my mom smiles at him, "call me Andrea wee don't need to be formal with each other" and my dad chuckles.
-

After dinner me and Shawn got into his car as he drove us back home. "Why didn't you tell me about you job?" He asks

"Well yesterday when I came over with Chinese food I was going to tell you but I'm not going to say the rest" I say and he nods his head in embarrassment.

"Well Congratulations" he says and I smile at him.

Once we get home I change straight into my pjs as I join Shawn on the couch we had a lot of space between us.

"How is your head feeling?" he asks.

"Sore" I reply and he laughs.

"That's not the only thing that will be sore" he murmured.

"Huh?"

"I said I'm not surprised you hit your head pretty hard" he says and stick my tongue out at him.

I smiled at how he has been changing slowly durning the last few days...