Shut Up and Kiss Me

I was laying under the cherry blossom tree in the back yard in the warmth of the sun. I had my book beside my which I was tired of reading and I was waiting for Oliver to wake up so I could plant some flowers with him.

I closed my eyes laying on the grass feeling the warm breeze brush against my skin as I cleared my thoughts and took deep breaths. Then I head rustling and footsteps and it must've been Ana coming to annoy me for the third time this morning.

"Ana, I'm not in the mood so leave me alone" I say with my eyes still closed.

"Well I'm not Ana so..." I hear that familiar voice making my eyes shoot open and Shawn's face appearing right in front of me.

I rolled my eyes before turning my face away from him. He sighed before sitting next to me on the grass and placing a plastic bag next to him.

"You both are not allowed back in the house until this is sorted" my mom yells from the house before I hear her locking the door so we can't get back in and I sigh.

There was silence for a few minutes before he clears his throat. "Serenity, I'm really sorry. I'm so fucking stupid, I never meant to hurt you and I'm so angry at myself for making you cry and blocking you out. But yesterday when you didn't give me my morning hug or laid beside me in bed made me realise how mad you were..." he trails off waiting for me to respond.

I open my eyes turning to face him, "carry on" I say before a sighs.

"And I missed having you around, everything was silent without you. I know I messed up real bad. I had a whole hour lecture from my mom and I knew I should have apologised straight away because what I said was wrong and no should ever say things like that" he says before looking down at me and wiping away one of my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I'm really sorry. I really care about you and I never meant to hurt you but I'm just so stupid" he says and I sit up leaning against the tree next to him.

I look at his face and his big puppy dog eyes calling out at me and his soft face just making my heart melt. I was to weak to be angry at him for a long time and he looked so sincere apologising to me.

"I know you must hate m-" before he could finish I cut him off "shut up and kiss me" I say and he turns his head looking at me confused.

"Just kiss me" I repeat.

He also most looks at me in disbelief before cupping my face and placing a soft kiss to my lips. "I'm missed you too as much as I hate to admit it" I say and a small smile appears on his lips.

I had grown an attachment in a short time to Shawn and just being away from him made me miss him so much.

He pulled me onto his lap both my legs on either side of him as I placed my head on his chest. "It's just that I had all these insecurities from the past and it all exploded after that one misunderstanding I'm sorry, baby" he says as he hand rubs my back and my heart flutters at the pet name he calls me.

"That's what I'm here for, someone you can talk to and express your feelings too" I say as I dance my fingers across his arms and he hums.

"Promise we won't fight like this again" I say to him holding my pink out for him and he links it with his pinky beige placing a kiss on my lips "Promise" he says as we pull away our fingers.

I smile into his chest before looking up at him, "I still haven't fully forgiven you yet" I say and he frowns.

"Then how can I make it up to you" he says and I tap my chin.