Preparations

Lunch went smoothly with the Mendes' on Monday however Shawn couldn't make it because he was busy working so at lunch it was just me, my parents and his parents.

However, it is now Thursday and the wedding is on Sunday. We only had a little time to prepare for this wedding but we got most of it done like the bridesmaid dresses, Oliver's suit and my bridal gown tailored. We have the bouquets made, decor all sorted and Shawn's family were getting the venue and catering sorted which evened out the balance for both families.

I just had breakfast and I went upstairs to get dressed. I threw on some black leggings, a grey sweater and sneakers. I put my hair into a bun before grabbing my phone and purse.

"Already for school Oli?" I asked my little brother who was putting on his boots, he looked up and nodded. Ana and Autumn walked to school and someone had to drop Oliver off to school normally it would be my mom or me.

He jumped up grabbing his backpack and opening the front door. I followed behind him as he held my hand. I walked him to his school as it was only a few blocks down. As we walked, he rambled on about his friends and this cartoon he watches.

We get to the school gate and I lean in to give him a kiss before he squeezes me tight in a hug before he rushes off to a group of his friends. All the other parents wave and say goodbye to their kids, I waved at Oliver one more time before leaving.

After dropping Oliver off to school I came home and laid in the couch. Then my mom came in and sat next to me. "You should call Shawn" she says and my eyes widen.

"Why?"

"Because you're getting married on Sunday" she reminds me.

"But that still will not bring us any closer" I huff.

"Serenity, just talk about the wedding preparations or ask how his day was. You need to put some effort in" she says and I roll my eyes.

"I am putting effort in I try talking to him, I went on those stupid lunches which he didn't show up to. He hasn't done anything so he should call me" I say and my mom sighs loudly.

I look at her for a few minutes and then I sigh "Fine I'll call him" I say not wanting to disappoint her, as I said that my mom's eyes lit up.

"I'm going to check and see when the bouquet delivery will come" she says leaving the room.

I grab my phone and I huff before calling him, I waited for him to answer and on the third ring he answered the phone. I took a deep breath before saying anything "Hey" I said into the phone.

"Hello" he says quietly and his voice sounds like he just woke up. My stomach flutters at the sound of his voice.

"Oh sorry did I wake you up?" I ask him not wanting to be a pain.

"Yes you did" he replies and my eyes widen at his blunt answer.

"I'm sorry I'll let you go back to sle-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before he hung up. I didn't care anyway I tossed my phone on the couch and watched some Netflix.

The doorbell rang but I didn't get up assuming my mom would answer it.

Then it rang again and I jumped up and walked to the door and as I opened the door I saw a guy with dirty blond hair and blue eyes standing with a boxes of bouquets in his hands.