Chapter 30

Harry pov
"Don't over do it, rest, and when something is wrong you call me, okay Mr Winston?"
I guided my last patient of the morning to the door of my office and held it open for him.
Mr. Winston and I knew each other pretty well. I'd performed three neck hernia surgeries on him and one on his daughter. He was an older man with white hair and a beard. He had a hard life but he was always optimistic. He reminded me off my own grandfather, who died three years ago and I missed him dearly. I have always been very close to him until the last day. I wished I could have introduced Kate to him. He would've immediately have fallen in love with her and he would've spoiled her rotten,but that's what she deserves.
Thinking of my girl reminds me of a medical article I was reading last night. It was about a Belgian doctor who helped create the rechargeable neurostimulator and has now created a device that they implant and it automatically gives pain medication to the right area. The article I read was pretty short but I have to know more about it. Maybe, it's something that would be good for Kate or one of my other patients who are living with pain.

I called Brian. Since, he found the tumour on Kate's scans I had taken him under my wing. He's a very smart person and if he works hard, he will achieve a lot in the medical field
"Hi Brian, it's Styles. Can you come to my office please," I asked. Brian told me he still had to see two patients and asked if he could come after he was done. I said it was no problem, before we said goodbye.

I started to type some notes from the patients I had seen this morning but after ten minutes I got interrupted by a knock on the door. I thought it would be Brian.

"Come in!" I said, while I took out the article I wanted to tell Brian about. When I looked up I saw Julia hesitating in the doorway. After what happened with Kate, I asked Katia to make sure she wouldn't be at my service for a while, so I was very surprised to see her.

"Come in, Julia," I said with a polite yet stern voice. This way I hoped she knew she wasn't allowed to play any games. Julia came in wearing her white nursing outfit with pink gym shoes and a pink headband. She sat down in the chair in front of me, while she was fiddling with the strap of the watch on her wrist. It was obvious she was nervous, which made me so curious about what she wanted to say. She took a deep breath and started talking.
"Dr. Styles, I know after what I said to Kate, that you probably don't want to see me, but I have to tell you something." Julia was talking with a low voice, like she was going to tell a big secret.
"First of all, I'm sorry about my behaviour towards Kate. I was jealous. I know it doesn't make it okay, but that's the only thing I can say." I was impressed by her humble behaviour as this wasn't the Julia I was used too.
"Thank you for your apology, but you should say it to Kate too. She was very upset about what you said to her." I didn't tell her Kate believed her at first because she didn't need to know. Julia looked down at her lap, too embarrassed to look me in the eye.

"I heard about what happened to Kate the other day, Jake told me. I'm sorry she had to go through that. She doesn't deserve so much bad luck."

I sighed. I knew Donna's fault would be talked about by the hospital staff. I just hope she doesn't hear about it and go to the board. Maybe I should go by the ER later and ask Jake not to tell anyone about it.

"You're right, she doesn't deserve what she's going through but, where is this going Julia? What do you want to tell me?" I started to get nervous about this conversation. Julia never heard or saw anything about my relationship with Kate, but she isn't stupid. I'm sure she knows what's going on and it wouldn't surprise me if she were to try and blackmail me with it.
"Okay, I'll tell you," Julia sighed, "I heard Dr. Cass talking to her assistant, Leah. She said she asked if her assistant could get her Kate's file. At first, I didn't think anything of it, but then I was wondering why she wanted it. Jake had told me that Kate had made it clear she didn't want Dr. Cass to be her doctor anymore, so why did she need the file? I think she wants to remove the reports from the ER, you know, the ones that show she made the mistake."

I swallowed hard. Would Donna really go that far

"I know I have no proof but, she told Leah three times she couldn't tell anybody that she had asked for it. I don't know if you know Leah, but she worships Dr. Cass and she would do anything for her."

"Thank you for telling me this Julia. I really appreciate it." Julia smiled and opened her mouth like she wanted to say something else but she hesitated.

"Do you... Do you want me to take the file and bring it to you," Julia asked. She really wanted to make right what she had done wrong and I admired her for it. Not many people would do that.

"No thank you. I'll take care of this but if we ever go to the board with this, would you please agree to tell them what you just told me," I asked.
"Of course. No problem," Julia nodded.

"Thank you for coming to me Julia," I said as I pushed my chair back and stood, and especially how she reacted is just," Julia shook her head looking at her hands,

"It's just wrong and I'm really sorry for what I did."
I smiled at Julia and walked her to the door of my office. She opened the door, gave me a last smile and disappeared into the hallway.

I stood at the door of my office, thinking about what Julia told me. I took my phone out and started to text Brian to let him know that I'd come and find him later. I locked up my office and walked down the hallway. What I was about to do could get me into trouble, but Kate is worth it.

A.N.: Hello,
Did you expect this? What do you think Dr. Cass plans are? 
Thank you so much for reading!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know.
Don't forget to vote
Have a nice weekend!
All the love, 
K. x