Chapter 17

A.N.: Extra Update
When I started this story my main goal was to get some things off my chest,
I never thought people would read and like it.
But here we are, Patience reached 1K views!!
Thank you so much for reading and all your comments and votes, it means so much to me.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
All the love,
K. x

Harry pov
"

Is this part of a tumour?" Brian ask but when he looks at my face he knows the answer.
It was an MRI of Kate's lower back but on the edge of the scan we could partly see her left ovary, or what should be her left ovary.

"Fuck," I mumble. I suddenly feel nauseous. This isn't happening to her. I don't know if she can handle this. Even if it is a benign tumour, it will mean a surgery and recovery. The emotional pressure of having to wait for the results.

"You're right Brian. This is an ovarian tumour. Can you please look up who Kate's gynaecologist is? Page him here and then page me." I order before I turn around and walk to the door but before I reach it, I stop.

"Brian," I said. The young man looked up to me with his brown eyes, "You did a really good job. Without you we may not have found it. I promise you will get rewarded for this," I give him a little smile before I walk into the hallway.

I look through the hallway and it's filled with people yet, I feel alone. I need a minute to myself, to breathe. I start to walk to my office but all I can think about is the tumour. My heart hurts for Kate.

I feel nauseous and tears are burning in my eyes. Why is this happening to her? She's such a sweet creature. Tears start to fill the corners of my eyes and I know I will never make it to my office. I run into a supply closet and fall back against the cold, hard door. I let my tears go and cry for I don't know how long. After a while I wipe my cheeks dry and take a couple of breaths and straighten my black shirt. I wanted to walk out but I stopped when I realised I have to tell Kate tonight. I have to crush her world. Before I can give more thought to it my pager goes off telling me Kate's gynaecologist is ready to talk. I take the door handle in my hands before I breathe out through my mouth.

"Let's do this," I whisper to myself before I walk back to the X-ray room.

Kate pov
It's Wednesday and I have slept all day. Now I'm finally in a little less pain after my day out with Harry, on Saturday. The time I spent with him was totally worth the pain. We had just been ourselves, feeling free and being together. Moments like that give me strength to fight during the moments I'm in so much pain that I want to die.

After a quick shower, I dressed in pink pyjama shorts and a white top. I put my hair in a bun and decided to forgo make-up.

I lay on the couch watching Greys Anatomy when I hear the lock of the front door. I gave Harry a key so he can just come in as it's easier for me and he comes by almost every day. I get a big smile on my face when I hear him in the hallway trying not to fall while he takes his shoes off. He can be so clumsy sometimes.

I can't wait for him to get in. I want to hug him and feel him close to me. I miss him when he isn't with me. I know I have no right to claim him and I don't tell him about it but I secretly want him with me as much as possible.

Slowly the door of the living room opens. Harry comes in with a duffel and a food bag in his big hands. He looks tired. His eyes are red and have a worried look. His smile doesn't reach his eyes.