Chapter 50: Sasha

I hear voices all around me. It's dark. I realize my eyes are shut and I open them.

"Oh my gosh, Sasha!" Bayley says, hugging me. I groan in pain.

"Owwww!" I say, clutching my back. Bayley jumps back.

"Sorry!" she says. "I forgot. Oh, yourreplacement for the Mixed Match Challenge is the junior, Mickie James."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. I didn't care anyways. I'm rooting for you and Finn."

Bayley smiles at me. "Thanks Sash." A doctor walks into the room.

"Hello, Miss Sasha Kaestner-Varnado Banks?" I nod. "That's me," I say.

"Yes, I'm Dr. Grace. It seems you have pulled a few muscles in your back and you have torn one of them. On the bright side, they can heal on their own. However, in a few days you will have to go to physical therapy and you will have to miss school for the next couple of weeks."

I can live with that.

"But Bayley here has promised she will send you a copy of her notes and the homework for that day. You are allowed visitors. That is all, have a great day Sasha and I will see you in a few minutes to bring you your dinner."

I smile. "Thank you Bayley. For everything."

She hugs me gently, trying not to touch my back. We stay there for the next few minutes, and I wonder how I ever got her as a best friend.