Chapter 7: Sasha

I have two hours before my date with Seth, so I invite Bayley over to do my hair and makeup. I instantly  regret my decision when she shows up with a hair curler and two suitcases full of makeup. "Hey bestie! You ready to look good for your date with my brother?" she asks. I cry in my head but say, "I guess." She jumps and pulls me into my house.

"Okay, so basically, you need to look awesome so you can feel more confident on your date. So, put on your clothes and I'll get everything ready," Bayley says. I shrug and put on my clothes, a cute frilly top with some blue jean shorts. "Ooh, cute!" she compliments me. "Now sit." I follow her commands as she does my hair and makeup. When she is through, I look like a model. "Thank you so much!" I tell her. "No problem," she says.

We go sit on the couch and wait. We wait for an hour when I get a text. It's from Seth:

Sorry. I'm gonna have to take a rain check. I already had plans with Finn and Sheamus. So sorry.

I throw my phone at the TV and sob. "What's wrong?" Bayley asks. "Your brother stood me up!" I cry. Bayley hugs me and whispers softly, "He's gonna pay for this."

I'm so sorry I did that. I just wanted to add some realistic drama in this book. Don't worry. I'll make Bayley yell at him in the next chapter.
—Mari