Chapter 9: Finn

As Bayley runs to the gym, I go to my first hour which I share with Seth. I sit down and Seth sits beside me. "Dude, why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "I would've understood. Besides, tomorrow I'm taking your sister on a date." Seth bangs his head on his desk. "I know. I'm such an idiot," he says. Seth and I hear an alert on his phone. It's from Bayley and she sent a link. Seth opens in and crawls under his desk. "May I see it?" I ask. He hands me the phone and I read the article. I give Seth his phone back and pat his head. "Don't worry buddy. It'll get better."

Seth slouches the whole day. He doesn't talk to anyone. Like, me and Bayley are the only two people he's even said a word to today. So, after school, I drive over to his house. I ring the doorbell and Bayley answers it. "Hi Finn," she says, giving me a hug and a kiss. "What are you doing here?" she asks as I walk inside. "Is Seth here?" I ask, before she nods. "Yeah, he's in his room, moping. Why?" "I want to cheer him up. How?" I ask. Bayley tells me to follow her and I do. She goes into her kitchen and my nose is greeted by the scent of cookies. "Those smell good," I say. Bayley giggles. Man, I love her giggle. "I know silly," she says. "They're Seth's favorite chocolate chip cookies. You can stay for some." I smile and sit on her couch. We watch "Friends" as we hear the oven timer go off. "Seth!" Bayley yells. "Your favorite chocolate chip cookies are ready!" And before you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, he is downstairs, running into the kitchen. Bayley follows him and takes them out of the oven. She smiles and says, "Have at it."

And I guarantee you, Seth's day became a whole lot better thanks to Bayley's cookies.