Chapter Twenty Four

Odd enough for summer,a wintry gust of wind engulfed my thin cardigan as I hugged my mom goodbye. I guess because it was night and the temperature had dropped was the reason for this. Nonetheless,I found myself trembling slightly as the wind bit at my exposed cheeks and exposed body parts.

I pulled away from my mother and immediately regretted looking at her. Her eyes were filled with tears to the brim. "Lauren honey. I'm gonna really miss you. If anything goes wrong on tour I want you to call me. I'll always be here for you,okay?" she scrambled out hastily,once again pulling me into her embrace. I did feel a pinch at the back of my eyes and the now familiar feeling of tears threatening to escape.

I nodded in reply and smiled up at my mom looking up at her in the dim shadowy light that flooded the porch in a golden colour. "I'll be fine,I'll keep in touch."

As soon as the words had left my mouth however,the nearing headlights of Pattie's Toyota Camry neared the sidewalk.

Sure,I was tired as hell. Having to wake up four in the morning for a flight,is horrendous. So in my haste I hadn't bothered to wear any makeup;and we all know I could careless since I barely slave myself for makeup.

I had hastily grabbed a light blue loose top with a huge yellow smiley face etched into the fabric,along with a pair of black skinny jeans and my favorite pair of blue Vans. I had also hastily wrenched on my knitted blue cardigan. As for my hair,it was styled in a high ponytail so,that meant the part of my neck that was not covered by my cardigan was feeling cold. Again,strange since it was summer after all.

My mom pulled away from me and turned to the approaching vehicle and nodded curtly."They're here. C'mon. I'll help you with your luggage."

I nodded mutely and took hold of my triangular shaped messenger bag filled with my necessities. I adjusted the strap so it fit perfectly and strode slowly towards the now packed car.

The window rolled down to reveal Pattie. Since it was night,she had the light in the car on so I could visibly make her out. "You look tired honey. Don't worry you'll get to take a rest." she said throwing me a sympathetic look.

"Yeah,she barely slept." my mom replied for which Pattie knowingly nodded.

Seconds later,the trunk opened up and mom piled in my suitcases in. Once she had finished,I pulled her into another warm hug.

After I had extricated myself from her embrace,I hastily started wiping my cheeks getting rid of the tears that escaped. Bidding my mother one last good bye,I tugged onto the latch and hopped in.

----;

             Elise,Pattie,Justin and I were all waiting patiently for the scheduled time to arrive,seating in the lobby seats bored out of our minds. I suppressed a yawn as I leant my head against Justin's shoulder.Our ride to the airport was quiet and uneventful seeing that we were all about ready to hop into bed at any minute.

Justin himself was however very quiet;albeit when he greeted me as I got into the car.He just pecked my cheek and took hold of my hand saying nothing more.To say the least,he looked tired.

His hair was tousled and for once wasn't portraying its usual glow and order.I guess he was a bit tired since he was pretty much at it for the past few days.He was most definitely any thing but energetic.

For the past few days,he attended promotional conferences for his tour,not to mention he practically lived and slept in his studio and somehow managed to possess enough energy to kill it  in dance rehearsals.

If time hadn't caught up to him yet,I'd be forced to say he wasn't human. So,he was casually dressed in a baby blue sweater shirt with bold black letters sprawled across the fabric I had made out to be YMCMB.Along with that he wore black skinny jeans,black Nike sneakers and a NY cap to his head.