Chapter Twenty Three

Dedicated to Live_To_Dance for making me such a fantastic cover! Thank you!:D

I started pacing the kitchen floor of my kitchen,my hands clammy as ever as I waited for my mom to come home. It was Monday morning,and Elise was with me for moral support. I stopped mid pace to snatch a grape from the counter top,popping the minuscule fruit into my mouth.

"Geesh,girl. Calm down."

I turned to my best friend frowning. Calm down? Justin's tour starts in about a week and she's telling me to calm down?! What a hypocrite. She was anything but calm when I brought up that she was invited to go on tour with me (if I got to go).

"Well,gee." I muttered sarcastically flipping my hair over my shoulder. "I so should not worry that my boyfriend would be possibly leaving for a six month tour in about a week. Really. I'm just peachy."

She scrunched up her nose. "No need to be a bitch about it. Look,I understand that you're freaking out but Lauren,it's really not worth it. What could possibly happen? Your boyfriend forgetting about you to throw himself at dozen of hot screaming fans?"

I rolled my eyes at her tranquility. When you actually needed the supportive side of Elise Carter,you don't get it. "Thanks for your advice..."

She threw me a playful smile. "Okay the last part didn't come out right...But you get my point right? Justin's crazy about you and even if you don't get to go I'm sure he'll find a way to get into contact with you somehow."

I flopped down beside her,blowing out a sigh of exhaustion. "I guess you're right. I'm sure my mom will understand,besides...." I stopped dead when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Holy shit..." I mumbled,springing off the stool quicker than a road runner. I tentatively opened the door and visibly relaxed when I didn't see my mother. Instead I saw Pattie,and Justin behind.

"Lauren,honey,how are you?" Pattie asked seemingly genuine concerned. "You look pale.As if you've just seen a ghost."

I laughed nervously pulling open the door a bit more wider. "Something like that." I whispered,and I sighed when she pulled me into a reassuring hug. Pattie always knew how to calm me down.

Justin stepped in,his face showing dread. I guess we were both freaking out.

"Um,was that your-" Elise cut herself off when she saw who had arrived. An embarrassed smile dusted across her face as she walked up to Pattie her hands outstretched.

"Hey,I'm Elise,Lauren's friend.Nice to meet you."

Pattie smiled warmly at Elise. "Oh it's nice to meet you too.Justin has mentioned you."

Elise seemed a bit shaken up by this. "Oh really? Good or bad?" she chose that moment to glare playfully at Justin.

Pattie laughed,shaking her head. "No,definitely good. Have you received permission from your parents to go yet?"

Elise allowed a smile to cross her face as she looked down. "Not exactly,but I plan on running it by them soon."

Not a milli second later,I got one of those gut wrenching feelings when I sensed another presence. Oh no. My mom was definitely home now,probably decked out in her car after her long business trip,I could sense it.

I was proven correct when the knob jingled and eventually opened revealing my mom. Ah,shit,here comes hell.

*