Chapter Thirty Four

°Taken from the point of view of Justin°

About a hundred faces were piling in by the minute, all of them dressed elegantly in their meticulously designed tailored suits. I sat up in my chair glancing at Scooter.

"Definitely more fancy than I'd thought." I commented for only him to hear.

He shrugged, "Well, this is a social event. What did you expect? A beach party?" Barking out a chuckle, he shook his head while turning to Kenny beside him.

We were currently at the opening event for the movie which consisted of all the cast members, directors, producers, musical composers. It was my second day in Australia and this was my maiden meet up with the cast as in a means to get the feel of what the movie would entail. So far, I was the first of the official cast members there and it felt awkward as shit. I was the only teen amongst all the other elite faces in the movie industry.

The event was held in a renowned center with captivating interior design along with a picturesque view of Melbourne. Several tables were set up and began to get occupied as time passed. Meanwhile Scooter, Kenny and I were the only ones on our table way up to the front. Alfredo was out sight seeing, how douche like of him to leave his best buddy hanging like that. I continued looking around finding small things to capture my attention. I was ordered to not use my phone by Scooter. He said something along the lines of appearing serious and professional. Well, a professional man always had his phone with him right? My gaze fleeted over to the stage all fancied up to pure perfection with a purple carpet lining the stage' s floors. Now that's what I'm talking about, red carpets were basic.

Several hours later (or it could have been a few minutes after) , Scooter yelled out my name.

"Justin!"

My head snapped to his, and feeling completely embarrassed, I just covered it up with a nervous laugh.

"Sorry," I apologised, a sigh escaping my lips.

"I'd like you to meet the star of the movie alongside you."

It was only then I realized there was this girl standing next to Scooter. Standing, I shook her hand. She smiled genuinely back at me as I introduced myself.

"Hi, nice meeting you...?" I dragged my greeting into a question in hopes of getting to know her name.

She laughed, her ivory black hair splaying across her pale bare shoulders. "Kree Everdane, nice to meet you Justin!"

I marvelled at her name. "Nice name...It's unique."

I dropped her hands as she replied, "I guess my parents were high when they named me...The amount of hate and teasing I encountered through middle school was unnerving." She admitted honestly, tucking a locket of hair behind her ear.

Scooter and Kenny laughed along. I silently wondered if she was introduced to them already...Damn, I tuned out.

After a few moments, Scooter spoke up. "Kree, did you by any chance have company here to this event?"

She shook her head, "No I'm pretty much riding solo."

Catching on to where Scooter was going, I piped up an invitation. "Well, do you mind joining us?" I merely gestured to the only seat vacant which was the seat adjacent mine.

Instead of being a cliché, she gladly accepted instead of pulling the: "I don't want to intrude." line.

I sat down with her, and slowly but surely eased myself into feeling less awkward at the event as Scooter asked her about a hundred questions. As the minutes progressed, I came to realize she was at quite ease, and I could have told she wasn't putting up a front. Maybe this movie wouldn't be so bad after all....well excluding the Maya part.