Chapter Three

"Finished honey-bunches?"my mom yelled from downstairs sounding as if she was only outside my door somehow.

I groaned in disgust at the cheesy nickname yelling a response of affirmation.
"A decade more please!" I called back no trace of humor evident in my voice.

I actually was dreading seeing Justin..Pattie I didnt mind since we had nothing against each other and the fact that she was like a second mother to me back then.
Adults...I shook my head..According to my mother,both she and Pattie had resolved their conflicts..I know right?! I wasn't even sure who or what they used to be fighting over. I pushed away the past looking into the future hoping that it would just blow away magically along with the rest of my problems.

"We don't have that much time! They're already on their way!"

I sighed heavily pacing to my full length mirror. Well first I had curled my hair presenting them in brown,loose curls. I was wearing makeup-mascara, gloss,blush- and I had to say I looked different.
I was wearing a burgundy dress with a stunning bodice and flow which made my curves show out. It was definitely simple and screamed 'HOTT..but not too much..'.

"Lauren Jade Marks!!" my mother called out again,her voice more harsh than before.

I huffed and marched to my door,flinging it open (not literally though) marching all the way downstairs. I hopped over the last stair staring at my mother. She was attired similar to me..She was wearing a black version to my dress and al that jazz...

I sighed out loud tapping my foot on the wooden floor panels.

"Where the hell are they?!" I questioned sighing again.
As if on cue,the doorbell rang.

There was another beeping noise from the kitchen soon after causing mom to puff.
"Let me go check on the chic-" she cut herself off gesturing at the door.

"Go get that will you?"

I nodded. With every step I took,I silently prayed somehow it was a step backwards.
No I had to do this.

I turned the knob only to reveal.....

Pattie smiled at me her eyes looking at me with what seemed to be proudness.
I smiled at her.   "OH MY HOW YOU'VE GROWN!!!!!!IVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!" she exclaimed pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

I laughed out loud hugging back.

After forty five seconds (trust me...I have been counting..) she let go off me.
My eyes met Justin's for a brief second until I felt a hand my shoulder. Pure questioing glances sparked through our contact, and oh yeah, the taditionaI awkwardness.  The hand on my shoulder jolted our gaze and I turned to see my mother.

Wow she scared me there for a sec..

"Pattie!"she greeted pulling her into a friendly hug then she turned to Bieb-ass.

"Oh my!You got the girls dying for your good looks,huh?"

He nodded, his gaze connecting with mine briefly. "Something like that.."

Jerk.

"Come in." my mom urged.

So just like that we gathered around he kitchen table and dug in soon after we said grace.
The entire time,my eyes landed upon everything but his gaze. Even though I wasn't looking at him,I was pretty much aware of his penetrating gaze.

I didn't even really know what he was wearing for mercy's sake!

For dinner we had a mixture of different foods that I wasn't too shy to dig into. The conversation drifted off too me somehow...hmm...oh yeah, everything comes back to me..somehow..

Pattie asked me about school and life in general. I answered politely and she seemed to be very impressed and convinced that my life was close to perfect.
Trust me,it was anything but that.