Chapter Twenty One

x-x

My mind froze,my body becoming tense with each passing second. Time stilled,and all I was focused on was the dreadful text before me. I re-read it,and each time the text became more and more intimidating.

A sudden sense of giddy overtook me and everything swam in my vision as I almost collapsed to the ground. Thanks to Justin, I was spared the humiliation and carefully,he nestled my face with his hands and whispered, "Are you alright?" as soon as his hands encased around my waist.

I shook my head and forced my eyes to stay open. Elise appeared,a concerned look etched onto her face. Justin turned to her,obviously seeing through my dense façade.

A sudden whoosh of blood travelled up to my head all at once,as Justin easily positioned my body in his arms bridal styled. Elise spoke for a moment,but all the words were muffled. Another cough rippled through my chest;similar to the one that had risen a day ago. My throat suddenly became parched and my brain fussed over and my eyes and throat ached with fatigue. 

Justin gently placed me in his backseat and for once,I wasn't so much aware of the soft plush feeling the seats brought. Soon enough,I was rushed to sleep.

*
              *
                          *
                                        *

The sharp ringing of an unfamiliar ringtone greeted my arrival from dreamland as I pulled my comforter closer. A cold feeling emanated from the sheets and I immediately recognized that my air conditioning system was on. I wondered who put that on...The last thing I remembered was being in front of Elise's house with Justin.

Soft swears followed the ringing and this time,I willed my eyes from my left to the love seat next to my bed where a familiar russet haired boy sat,his eyebrows furrowing as he struggled to read the phone call he was receiving early morning. Justin sighed before answering.......Wait-Justin? 

"What this time?" Justin bellowed,frustratingly down the phone as he continued on with his conversation oblivious to my awakening. My throat seared with pain and a slight sneeze threatened to escape my mouth. It simmered down to nothing,as I laid there helpless on the sheets feeling like someone who was shredded and ran over numerous times.

A slight chuckle escaped Justin's lips and I surreptitiously observed his bed hair,his honey colored hair moving with his slight head movement.

"No way,dude." he whispered loud enough for me to hear. Another sneeze formed and this time,I could not resist it from coming along.

Almost immediately,my head ached from the unnecessary force I had received from the sneeze. Justin heard and ended his phone call immediately,not uttering an explanation to whoever was on the other end. A weak smile stretched across my parched lips as Justin sank down beside me.

"What are y-you doing here?" I asked,having to clear my throat. He noticed this and reached over for a tray next to his side of the bed,retrieving the tall clear glass of water and handing it to me. I smiled gratefully as he ripped open the packet of drugs and he surprised me when he didn't hand both tablets over to me.Instead he ordered me to open up and did the honors,tipping the glass over for me. Mind you,I did all of this while sitting up.

"You're coming down with the flu so I stayed all night checking your temperature when I could and I even offered to make you breakfast but your mom insisted that she loves her house and wouldn't want to see the death of it any time soon."

I was speechless. He had done all of this for me?

"My mom can take care of me but then again,I prefer you doing it since she can be a bit annoying."I shrugged carelessly,smiling. "You really didn't have to." I added sincerely.