Chapter Thirty Seven

Justin

I lazily glided my fingers across the fret of the guitar, my mind far as I stared ahead at the captivating scenery before me. The skyscraper ahead gleamed in the warm sun, casting an evil glare. Silently I contemplated on my life at the moment. It hurt to know I couldn't just jump a plane and go back to Atlanta. Scooter would literally blow shit and that was the last thing I needed.

I allowed my gaze to slide over to my hands. I led my fingers along the guitar and slowly started strumming, shutting my eyes as I hummed.

"This is a side of you I don't see often; the quiet kind," Alfredo' s voice was seemingly close and not too long after I heard the sound of cushion being sat on.

I didn't respond but instead continued with my obsession for playing the guitar. Alfredo sighed and spoke up again obviously being the world's slowest person.

"You've been so distant, what's up man?"

I slowly opened my eyes, cringing because the sun chose to make an appearance on the length of my face, and turned to him. "Can't I just be quiet for once?"

Alfredo looked at me and shook his head, giving me a crazy look. "You talk so much sometimes I feel like ripping your larynx out."

I rolled my eyes setting my guitar down staring ahead. "Well you should have because what I say nowadays obviously can come across as harsh and atrocious to some people,"

I experienced a brief flashback of Lauren' s words.

"Woah Woah Woah there, what?" He sounded confused as hell as he raised his eyebrow at me.

I breathed out heavily and ran a hand down the length of my face. "Lauren broke up with me yesterday,"Saying it aloud had me experiencing some deep shit, and I actually felt like crying my eyes out. Not that I hadn't before.

Alfredo's "WHATT" rebounded loud and clear off the walls because he had dibs that we'd make at least a year as a couple.

"Hold up, why? I thought you guys were inseparable and shit?" He was standing now, obviously majorly shocked to hear this apparently. He had too much coffee.

My phone buzzed and lazily I pulled it out to open a text. I was so damn caught up, I didn't even bother on checking out who it had been sent from. So sad to say when I saw the picture of her out laughing with her ex (well the one after me), it broke my heart into more intricate pieces.

"Fuck no," I deadpanned. She was wearing a white designer jacket along with a pair of jeans that always looked super cute on her along with a pair of boots. I couldn't give two shits on what the other was wearing. All I paid attention to was the smile she wore as her face was pressed onto his shoulder, both of them laughing hysterically. Here I was depressed as shit, while she was out having a good time with that Seth guy.

That's all it took for me to reach my limit. I rose from my seat and stormed off, paying no heed to Alfredo' s orders to get back and sit down.

I stormed into my room and practically threw myself onto my bed going into my inbox to see who it was from. An unknown source had but I had a good feeling it was Maya who was behind it. I went to the new message option and started to string together one myself.

"Got me replaced already?"

I attached her contact and tapped send and threw my phone across the other side of the bed, storming into my bathroom. Minutes later I emerged. I picked out black overalls and threw them on, making my way out the door in less than no time.

When I reached her door, I knocked three times stepping back. When the door swung open and she threw a questioning glance my way, I quickly cut to the chase.