Chapter Twenty Two

By the time Saturday rolled by,my flu was in the past and I was left in high spirits. That same day I had to go with Elise to the supermarket.I was a bit confused at first,but when we got there,I finally saw why.

I took a look at the long list and quirked an eyebrow at Elise from where I was standing by the beige cart.

"Oh my gosh. You're feeding the army with all of this aren't you?"

She turned to me for a quick second before frowning and pulling out a packet of Lays from the shelf. Then she beckoned for me to follow along so I pushed the cart further down the aisle.

"My mom said that she wanted me to be fully prepared for the time without her since she'd be out for a month or so." Elise said after a while,smiling a bit.

I took a quick glance at the list and picked up a carton of milk I saw nearby.

"Your mom can't stop spoiling you can't she?" I taunted,pushing to keep up once I had dropped the carton of milk in the base of the cart.

Elise paused and waited for the cart to reach her,so that we were walking side by side. "No she can't.I freaking love that woman for spoiling me so much."

An elderly lady paused to look at Elise,obviously taking my best friend's last statement the wrong way.

" 'Scuse me Missy."

Elise stopped,turning towards the elderly lady,her face filled with confusion.

"Me?" she enquired in disbelief.

The old lady nodded. "I was just thinking about how pretty you are. You know,when God made Adam,he didn't make Steve to go along with him,he made a woman;Eve. Maybe you should rethink having that girlfriend of yours spoiling you and have a man spoiling you instead."

Elise's face flushed while I struggled not to laugh. This lady was way off.....

"I hate seeing lesbia-"

Elise's face contorted with rage as if the mere saying that she was a homo had her on edge.

"Look woman," she began,"I would advise you to keep your ears to yourself and out of my conversations. What I do or say is none of your business.Got it?"

The poor old lady looked frightened out of her wits and slowly backed off.

"That's right!" Eise called after her. "I went there."

Before we got kicked out of Walmart,I tugged Elise away and into another aisle trying my best to get what was on the list before another freaky old lady jumped to conclusions.

When we got in the check out line,and finally paid for what is it we had to get,I sighed with relief as I stored all the groceries in the backseat of my car.

A beep sounded and Elise jumped. When she had figured out it was her phone she pulled it out and almost immediately,a smile slipped onto her face.

"Chaz and Ryan are here. They say they're in Radioshack."

"Well let's go meet them." I said shutting my door and locking it with the keys that draped around my neck in a chain.