Chapter Thirty Eight

A/N Read back if you gotta, it's been ages since I've updated and I'm sorry:(

Lauren' s Point of view

It's been officially a month since Justin and I have called it through. It's not like I can just forget about it, but aside from that, the media caught onto things due to Justin's small clues when being asked about me so they've been obsessing about it. The most annoying thing about it? My face was plastered all over those obsessive celebrity insiders installments.

Amongst all of this, I had to battle studying for my finals. I knew I was way too distracted with everything going on, so I may have put a few shitty answers here and there.

To add to the stress, it didn't help how everyone kept pestering me about the entire thing. At the end of the day, I was just about sick of it.

"You look good in that dress, really compliments your figure,"Elise stated from my love seat analysing how I looked as I spun around in front the mirror.

I really didn't feel like going to this party, but it was kind of compulsory. Everyone was urged to go to this annual Christmas themed festive get together the planning committee always stringed together to commemorate the ending of our finals. I needed it, but just as any depressive teen, all I felt like doing was stuffing my face with nutella pasted toast.

I took a second to really analyse the dress I was currently sporting. It was a calm and serene purple, really simple and exquisite with little to no fuss embezzled articles. It revealed some cleavage yes but not too much.

I walked over to my dresser pulling out some accessories turning to my best friend. "Accesories or not?"

She looked at all the accessories displaying across my hands for awhile, "Damn those are ugly, you can lend mine,"

Well, ouch.

-_-_-_-_-_-_____-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_____-_-_-_-_-_-

"Marks, if I didn't know better I'd mistake you for Demi Lovato with that fine ass," That was the first thing I heard Ryan say as Elise and I made it to the entrance. Remind me why I invited that dip wad?

I decided to play along but was caught off when Chaz slapped him over the head. "I know her and Justin are no longer any thing but damn man, already?"

Ryan smirked," Marks and I have history even before Justin came into the picture. The love is real man, don't be a sore hater. You're not the male version of Amanda Bynes,"

I shook my head laughing and ruffled  his hair, pushing past the tiny crowd. When we got inside I was completely stunned with what I saw.

The space for dancing was vast and wide. The chandeliers gleamed their golden light on the glossy tiles that was the floor. There was an entire section portioned off for taking pictures, and the tables were filled with many treats, snacks, food and drinks. On top of that, they were playing good music.

Maybe tonight wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.

-Unknown Point Of View-

I looked at her from across the room, laughing, dancing, her hair falling elegantly looking darker than usual under the lights odd enough. It was more than obvious that she was enjoying herself a bit too much,perhaps drunk even.

Maybe now was the perfect time to step in. But before I could even take as much as a step forward, my phone stopped me in my tracks. Grunting, I snatched the device from my pocket, pulling it up to answer. When the familiar contact appeared, a little bit of my prior annoyance went away.

"Hey babe,"I had to speak a bit loud to hear myself over the loud base.

"How are things going?" She whispered from the other end.