Chapter Eight

PLEASE read the author's note at the end and please LISTEN to the video on the side while reading :)>>>>>>

________________________________________________________

As clichéd as it sounds,the whole world went blank at that moment.

I stared blankly at Seth,my childhood friend.

The one I used to love...

"Um...Lauren,remember Seth?"

I turned to Elise practically wanting to explode. In case you're wondering,I hate surprises. Especially surprises like this.

I turned back to Seth.

"Hey Laurie."

There goes that idiotic nickname again..Just my luck.

As rude as it sounds,I couldn't formally address him with my usual 'Sup?' or 'Yo!'. My mind was practically screaming to reach out and hug him and confess to him how much I've missed him but the other parts of my body was stock still to the crystalline floors of the airport.

"Why?" I asked my voice hoarse.

His eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "Why what?"

I shook my head. "Why did you surprise me?"

He chuckled. "Lauren,we haven't seen each other in four years."

I sighed. Was it really four years already?

"Just quit your whining and come hug me."he pleaded.

I glanced at Justin. A smile that didn't even reach his eyes washed over his face.

After all,he wasn't a big fan of Seth anyways.

I know,I know,you need some details. Okay so I'll explain everything to you.

Ready? Ready or not,the explanation's coming..Wait that sounded way better in my head.

Seth wasn't exactly 'perfect'. Well no one is but I guess you get the picture. Well for starters, he was in a gang. And when I say gang it's not the type you make up with your friends for fun. He was in a real gang. A gang where you actually had to kill people.

I guess his father was no role model. Neither was his own mother. She was a drug addict and for his dad, he was an alcoholic.

Anyways,we met...

I remember vividly how everything happened. Justin and I went to some fair that our town was having. Then when the fair was all gone and finished, Justin and I were walking home.

Now Justin lived a few blocks away from me so he insisted he walk me all the way home since it was kind of a dark,quiet night.

Me being the stubborn thirteen year old as I was,I insisted on walking home alone and not putting Justin through all of that.

We had a small fight. I guess you could say my stubborn-ness was getting to him.

Long story short,I got what I wanted. I walked home alone.

Instantly I regretted ever turning Justin down. The street was eerie quiet and the lamp poles weren't on,which left the streets pitch black.

Then I was attacked. Just as I passed an alley. How unique..please note the sarcasm.

I was charged to a wall. Instantly my mind kicked in gear. I was being attacked! My mind whirled in confusion and fear. The adrenaline coursed through my veins as my capturer pressed me even harder against the brick wall ultimately making my back hurt.