Thirty-six.

Harry's POV:

I opened my mouth, then closed it.

It's not easy you know. It's not easy to look at people and lie about who you actually are.

I have not ever been in this position. A position where people are the judge and I am the one who's innocent until someone proves he's guilty.

So what should I do? I have my true self, my identity, my sexuality and my love on one scale, while I have my kingdom, my family's name, my people and my reputation on the other.

I opened my mouth again, knowing that just some words would either really cut the distance that was stretching between me and my people. Or cut the connection once and for all.

"My good people, I've been a king for less than a year. My father was one for thirty-five years. And on those years, I watched him closely, tried mimicking him and catching his brain; his way of ruling the greatest kingdom in the world," I took a deep breath then continued. "And there was one thing that I can assure you that I understood it best. Do you know what that thing is? It's YOU. He used to say 'England is great with its people. Take care of the people Harry."

"And that's what I tried in my less-than-a-year tenure to do." My eyes were starting to get wet. Hold it together Harry!

"I tried to be worth the trust you gave me as a king, when you trusted me with your children, with your country. OUR country. And I hope I haven't been a disappointment to you." I sniffed.

A voice shouted, "You have not!"

"And now, my good people, you're here to ask about my sexuality. Whether I like boys or girls. And I am not going to say it's none of your business. I'm going to say.. you have the right to know." I breathed again.

"But before I say anything, I wanna say... thank you for all the love you've showed me and my family for years." I looked at my mother, she held my hand and gave it a squeeze, smiling.

"Me, I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I am ashamed to talk or even mention them. But I swear in God, I am not that person anymore." My tears were falling like a stream on my face; silently.

"And because you deserve the truth, and because you deserve a better king,"

People started gasping.

"I'm going to concede and transfer the kingdom to my mother the queen; 'cause I am gay." I let out.

And the whole world stopped for a second I swear, everyone was looking at me; shocked. No sound. No nothing.

But I was smiling.

I felt liberated. Like all those walls that I'd been building for years, were now falling to the ground. I smashed them down.

I was out. I was free. But most of all I was happy.

..

A/N: So this is it!! This is the end.

Thank you so much for walking this journey with Harry and Zayn. (And me).

You've seen them in their weakest and in the epilogue you're gonna see them in their happiest. Cause "I like to give happy endings to the people that society says they don't deserve."

Love y'all X