Thirty.

Harry's POV:

Liam had woken up. And Dr. Tomlinson assured us he'd be alright.

In the evening, Niall and I sat down alone. He told me he needed to talk with me in private. Just me and him.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked him, putting one leg over the other. After we sat near the chimney.

"You know damn well what." He replied in a low voice.

"Sure I do. So start begging me to forgive you for nearly killing me," I said "Or killing your wife."

"Fuck you." He replied but a smile was creeping its way to his lips.

I didn't comment so he went on.

"I want to end this war," He said, his face turned to serious. "And focus more on how could I make my people safe and how could I regain their trust."

"And you expect me to believe that?" I laughed,"How dumb do you think I am?" I narrowed my eyes.

"It's the truth. I'm not lying." He said and I looked at him from head to toe.

"Sure you're not." I mocked him.

"When Liam was on the ground in front of me, with his blood like a river on the carpet," he swallowed loudly. " I couldn't bare it. I didn't wanna lose him you know. So, I thought about every soldier in my army, every single one of my people. They didn't want to lose their dearest too, so why continuing this war and losing more people?" he sniffed like he may cry again.

"Let's say it was an eye opener for me." He finally said.

Something about his face made me believe him.

"And you would stop all the shit on the borders?" I half asked, half stated.

"I already have." Niall said. And when I didn't reply, he put his hand out for me to shake. "Peace?"

I thought for a second, my mother's words were echoing in my head. "War is as bad for the winner as it is for the loser. No good comes out of it."

"Peace." I finally replied.

...

After I ended my talking -and the war- with Niall. I told my army the news, and one of the leaders of the troops didn't like what I said about ceasing the fire and stopping the war.

"Are we gonna surrender to them? After we got the castle?!" He shouted above all the voices.

"We are not going to surrender. It's a deal. We made an agreement me and the Irish Prince to end the war peacefully and officially." I replied to.. think his name was Josef.

"It's easy for you to say that, King. You didn't lose a brother." Oh yes I remembered him now, his brother was a great soldier. And a great soul. My father depended on him for years.

"Then do you wanna continue this war and lose another brother?" I asked him. He was furious.

"No, I won't lose another brother. I will get revenge." He shouted again. And all the army started shouting with or against him.

"Silence!" I screamed.

"This war is over," I said. "I don't accept or expect any disobeying, understood?"

Nearly all the army shouted yes. So I took my way again back to the castle, and I felt Josef's hard gaze following me.

...

Zayn was sitting in the garden that surrounded the castle. I agreed with Prince Niall that we're going to -me and my army- leave Ireland tomorrow morning.

I sat next to Zayn on the wooden settle. "Hey." I said smiling.

"Hey." He said back, looking at me for a second then turning his face back to the sky.

He was looking perfect under the moonlight, his skin was glowing. He looked almost unreal.

"How's Liam?" He asked me, cutting my staring.

"Well, I haven't talked to him yet but he's awake and fine." I said and he smiled a small smile.

"I'm glad, your highness." He replied.

"Call me Harry." I told him and took his hand into mine.

He looked a bit uncomfortable or scared I didn't know but I dropped his hand immediately.

I was sad, I didn't want him to be afraid of me.

"Okay, Harry." He smiled and put his hand back into mine.

"Zayn, I don't want you to feel uneasy or.." I started but he shushed me.

"Shh.. It's okay. I want to hold your hand." He said softly. And I felt a flip in my stomach.

"You do?" I asked, with a stupid grin on my face.

He nodded his head. And my smile widened.

"I like your new haircut too." He moved his hand to my hair, threading his fingers into it, softly massaging my scalp. And I closed my eyes for a second. Never wanting this moment to be over.

"Harry," he called my name. It sounded so delicious coming out of his pretty mouth.

"Yeah?" I replied, my eyes were still closed.

"When Prince Niall was about to... hmm.. to..," he paused and I opened my eyes.

"To what?" I wondered, looking into his lovely hazel eyes.

"When he was about to.. shoot you, and asked you to say one last thing, what were you going to say?" He asked me, clearly curious and nervous.

I moved my hand to rest on his cheek, moving it up and down gently over the soft skin; his beard made a nice combination with it, before I whispered,

"I love you."

His eyes went wide, looking at me.

"That's what I was gonna say." I continued and despite the semi dark we were in, I could see his blush.

But I thought it's the time to ask him what I did come for here in the first place.

"Zayn, I want to ask you something," I said, my heart beats were starting to get loud. I hoped he couldn't hear them.

"Yes," He looked into my eyes again. His eyes looked lighter for some reason.

"Do you wanna come with me to the castle, and give me the honour of being mine?"

..

A/N: C'mon that was beautiful wasn't it?

Personally I like this chapter. It's like you can write a whole new story depending on it alone. But what do you think?

And BTW, the painting above is by Charles Warren Eaton; one of my favourite painters.

Thanks for reading. This chapter is dedicated to Mariamstylik
All the love x